Artificial intelligence is the future. Technical companies want you to use and trust their digital assistants more than time and Apple's Siri is facing Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Microsoft Cortana in a battle to win over customers. Although Apple's virtual assistant is still far from perfect, it has come a long way since it was introduced in 2011. The best Siri commands offer real convenience, and the assistant is now available on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, HomePod and latest AirPods.
Siri has grown over the years, and Apple continues to add more and more useful commands. Unfortunately, Apple does not offer an official list of all Siri commands, but we have compiled a list of some of the most useful Siri commands you can use. If you are new to iOS, we also have a guide on how to use Siri.
If you cannot talk to Siri, the function may be disabled. To turn on Siri, go to Settings> Siri & Search and switch Press Home for Siri on. When activated, there are some ways to activate Siri.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Go to Settings> Siri & Search and enable ] Listen to "Hey Siri" . When you are done, you can activate Siri by saying "Hey Siri" loud.
- If you are using Earpods, hold in the middle button.
- If you have an Apple Watch, you can enable Siri by double-clicking the button below the crown.
- "Call [name or number]."
- "Facetime [name or number]."
- If you want to start a call on speakerphone, you can say "Call [name or number] on speakers."
- "Check my voicemail" or "Check voicemail from [name].
Messages and email commands
- "Check my messages" or "Check my email."
- "Read my new messages" or "Read my new email."
- Send an email to [name]. "Siri then asks you to give the subject and the message. You can also say the whole command at once like this:" Send an email to [name] about [what you say here will be the subject] and say [what you say here will be the message]. "  Commands to control the device setting
- "Turn on / off [Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular data, Do Not Disturb, Night Shift, or Airplane Mode]. "
- " Take a picture / selfie. "
- " Increase / decrease brightness. "
- When playing music you can say" down the volume. "
C converted for currency conversions, calculations and schedules
- " What is [ say the amount and name of the currency] in [say the name of the currency]. "
- ] You can also convert other measurements. For example: " What is 335 meters in feet? "
- " What is
plus / minus / divided / multiplied by [number] " or" What is the square root of [number]. "
- " Set a timer for [say the amount of time]. "
- " Set an alarm for [time]. "
- To calculate a tip, you can say" What is [percentage] by [number]? ""
- "What is [say the name of the company] stock price?"
- "What is the weather today?" Or "What is the weather?" As in [say the country or city]. "
- " What is the clock in [say the country or city]. "
Meetings, Alarms, Lists & Reminders Setup Commands
- " Check my meetings. "
- " "Plan a meeting with [name] at [day and time]."
- "Remind me of [say what to remind you about] at [say when you want Siri to remind you]." You can also add a location to your reminder. : "Remind me to call John when I get home."
- If you need to know which day falls on a certain date, you can ask "which day is August 12?" Alternatively, you can say " How many days to August 12? "
- " Make a list named [name of list]. "
- " Add items to the list [name of list]. "
Navigate and travel commands
- " Show me the closest [gas stations/type of restaurants/malls/etc.]. "
- " How do I get to [destination] by [car/foot/bike]. "
- " Take me home. "
- " What is the traffic condition "or" What is the traffic conditions near [name location]. "
- " How long until we arrive at [destination]. "
- " "Check the flight status of [airline and flight number] ". 19659006] "
- "Search the App Store
- "Search for commands " Open  for [name of app or category of apps]. "
- Ask someone que Stion and Siri will search the internet. For example: "How do you make an omelette?"
- "Find notes / email about [say some keyword related to what you’re searching for]."
- "Find friends near me" or "Where is [name of friend]."
- Find photos by saying, "Show me pictures from [date] or by [ name - if you have named the people Album] ."
- "Find / download  podcast."
Entertainment, sports and music commands
- "Show me the point [sports team or game]."
- "Play music" or when you listen on a song you can tell Siri to "pause / stop / skip" or "play the next / previous song."
- "Play [name of song]."
- "Favorite this song"
- ] "Play songs from [group or artist].]"
- "Which movies are playing near me?" Or "Who are the movie times for [name of movie/name of cinema]. "
Using third-party applications
In addition to the ability to open apps, Siri can also perform actions or jump deep into specific apps to give you the information you want. Siri will monitor how to use apps and suggest Siri Shortcuts. You can find these suggestions in Settings> Siri & Search . If you press to add one, you can still record a phrase that then triggers that shortcut. For example, you can say "Order the usual" to trigger a food order in the Caviar app, or "Take the scenic road" to avoid traffic in Waze. You can even compensate shortcuts that can combine custom actions into multiple apps.
Unfortunately, there is no official list of apps that support Siri Shortcuts, but this Reddit record lists many of them and what you can do with them.  best siri commands shortcut view images 1 "/>