Moto G6 ended 2018 as the best-selling phone on Amazon. With its midrange performance, good building and budget value, it is an excellent device for anyone looking for their first phone or backup. As we move on until 2019, we begin to learn more about his successor.
The Moto G7 series should soon come to market. Following up on such a well-received phone will be difficult for Lenovo, but due to previous leaks, it looks as if they are up to the task. As with the Moto G6, Lenovo will release several variations of this phone, with rumors suggesting four variants. Each phone is similar, but some decisions were made to better fit the device for a particular audience.
Jump to a section : Show | Rear Cameras | Front Camera | Processor | Memory | Storage | Sound | Battery | Dimensions | Build | Software | Price | Availability
Due to rumors, the Moto G7 series will once again provide great value at a great price. There will be four total variations, and each will run Android 9 Pie from the box. Everything but one will include a large screen over 6 inches (only the G7 Play has a 5.7-inch screen), and they will offer expandable memory for more storage, plus fast charging via Motorola's TurboCharger.
It is currently unknown which of the new G7 variants is coming to the US, but if previous releases are any indications we can expect at least G7 and G7 Play.
In addition to the Moto G7 Play, all phones in the series have a 6.2-inch or larger screen. The Moto G7 and the Moto G7 Plus share the largest 6.24 inch screen and the highest resolution at 2270 x 1080. Both the G7 Power and the G7 Play rock a 720p display, which will help with the battery life. Each phone uses a screen, with the G7 Power and G7 Play being the widest. The Moto G7 and G7 Plus use a teardrop notch of the same size as OnePlus 6T.
- Screen size: 6.24 inches (Moto G7), 6.24 inches (Moto G7 Plus), 6.2 inches (Moto G7 power), 5.7 inches (Moto G7 Play)
- Panel type : IPS LCD
- Resolution: 2270 x 1080 (Moto G7), 2270 x 1080 (Moto G7 Plus), 1520x 720 G7 Power), 1512 x 720 (Moto G7 Play)
- Pixel Density: 403 ppi (Moto G7), 403 ppi (Moto G7 Plus), 271 ppi (Moto G7 Power), 294 ppi (Moto G7 Play)
- Screen body: yes
- Body ratio screen: Unknown
The layout of last year's Moto G6 gives a return. The G7 will once again have a dual camera system with a 12 MP head shooting and 5 MP deep sensor used for functions such as portrait mode. The G7 Plus has an upgraded 16-MP primary sensor, which can also take more light thanks to the f / 1.7 aperture (compared to G7's f / 1.8). Both the G7 Power and Play are limited to a single lens with 12 MP and 13 MP camera sensors respectively.
- Resolution: 12 MP and 5 MP (Moto G7), 16 MP and 5 MP (Moto G7 Plus), 12 MP (Moto G7 Power), 13 MP (Moto G7 Play)
- Aperture: f / 1.8 + f / 2.2 (Moto G7), f / 1.7 + f / 2.2), f / 2.0 (Moto G7 Power), f / 2.0 (Moto G7 Play)
- Pixel Size: Unknown
- Sensor size: Unknown
- Camera Model: Unknown  Flash: yes, dual LED
- Image stabilization: Unknown
One of the benefits of downloading the Moto G7 Plus is the higher resolution front towards the camera. The G7 Plus is the only variant that will include a 12 MP f / 2.0 selfie camera. The other options use an 8 MP lens that has a f / 2.2 aperture.
- Resolution: 8 MP (Moto G7, Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play), 12 MP (Moto G7 Plus) [19659010 f / 2.2
- Pixel Size: Unknown  Sensor size: Unknown
- Camera Model: Unknown
- LED Flash: Unknown
With the exception of the Moto G7 Plus, all phones in the G7 series use Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 The G7 Plus uses Snapdragon 636. 632 is a spaced SoC based on the 14 nm process. It has a clock speed up to 1.8 GHz, can record video up to 4K at 30 fps and can receive download speeds of up to 300 Mbps. It acts as a "little version" of Snapdragon 636, which is considered one of the most powerful 600 series SoCs.
Snapdragon 636 shares the same 14 nm process and video recording up to 4K at 30 fps, but similarities end there. This SoC uses new cores, an improved image signal processor for better photography, supports more security features such as the hardware book and uses a download speed modem twice that of Snapdragon 632.
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 (Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play), Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 (Moto G7 Plus)
- GPU: Adreno 506 (Moto G7, Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play), Adreno 512 Plus)
- Core: 8 Core (4 Gold cores, 4 Silver cores)
- Modem: Snapdragon X9 (Category 7/13) (Moto G7, Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play) Snapdragon X12 (Category 12/13) (Moto G7 Plus)
Both G7 and G7 Plus share the same amount of RAM as Google Pixel 3 series with 4 GB. The G7 Power and the G7 Play include less RAM of 3 GB and 2 GB respectively.
- RAM: 2 GB (Moto G7 Play), 3 GB (Moto G7 Power), 4 GB (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus)
G7 and G7 Plus also have more internal memory at 64 G, B while G7 Power and G7 Play are limited to 32 GB.
- Storage: 32 GB (Moto G7 Play, Moto G7 Power), 64 GB (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus)
- Expandable storage: yes
Very little is known as about the Moto G7's audio functions. Based on the latest leaks, the headphone jack will remain on all variants. However, we are not sure if stereo speakers are finally added to the series.
- Stereo speakers: Unknown
- 3.5 mm headphone jack: yes
Power supply every time variant (except G7 Power) is a 3000 mAh battery. For the Moto G7 Power, to justify "Power" in its name, it will contain an amazing 5000 mAh battery. All variants support fast charging via Motorola's TurboCharger technology.
- Capacity: 3,000 mAh (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus, Moto G7 Play), 5,000 mAh (Moto G7 Power)
- Removable battery: no
- Fast charge: TurboCharger , Qi wireless charging
Due to 0.5 inch increase in screen size, the length is slightly longer than the predecessor. The width and depth have also increased slightly, but not as drastically as the length.
- Length: 6.18 inches (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus), 6.28 inches (Moto G7 Power), 5.8 inches (Moto G7 Play)
- Width: 2, 96 inch (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus), 3.03 inch (Moto G7 Power), 2.81 inch (Moto G7 Play)
- Depth: 0.31 inch (Moto G7), 0.33 inch (Moto G7 Plus), 0.37 inch (Moto G7 Power), 0.31 inch (Moto G7 Play)
- Weight: 6.07 oz (Moto G7 Plus), 6.14 oz Moto G7 Power), 5.26 oz (Moto G7 Play)
Currently we only know the construction material for the Moto G7. According to rumors, it will use glass on both front and back with Gorilla Glass 4 which protects against drops, scratches and dents. The framework will be aluminum for minimal scratches, lower total weight and top protection.
- Material: Aluminum frame, glass (Moto G7), Unknown (Moto G7 Plus, Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play)
- Glass protection: Glasses 4 (Moto G7), unknown (Moto G7 Plus , Moto G7 Power, Moto G7 Play)
- Colors: Black (Moto G7, Moto G7 Power), White (Moto G7 Play), Gold (Moto G7 Play)
All Moto G7 Variants come with Android 9 Pie in the box. We expect from Lenovo to take back its light skin that contains a number of small tweaks like gestures to launch certain features.
Currently, the only pricing that has leaked is the Moto G7 Play. When converted to US dollars, G7 Play starts at $ 370.
- Price: $ 370 (Moto G7 Play), Unknown (Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus, Moto G7 Power), Unknown (Moto G7 Power)  Availability
Lenovo has submitted invitations to an event on February 7, 2019 in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Message Date: February 7, 2019