With all the hops over the new iPhones cameras and battery life, price and midnight green color, it might be easy to overlook the Apple Arcade. Cameras come and go, but for the next two years, Apple's subscription gaming service can become your iPhone's most valuable feature.
Available today for Apple devices running iOS 13, Apple Arcade will give you unlimited access to 100 exclusive and new games for $ 4.99 per month. Apple's gaming service will be available September 30 on iPadOS and TVOS 13 devices and then sometime in October for MacOS Catalina. A monthly subscription covers six family members, and it comes with a one-month free trial.
Arcade lets you download and play games on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac and Apple TV ($ 169 at Walmart) devices. And Apple said some Arcade games will support controls – including Bluetooth wireless controllers, DualShock 4 and MFi gaming controls.
How to set up Apple Arcade on your iPhone.
How to sign up for Apple Arcade
After you install iOS 13, you take your Apple ID (you can find it in the iCloud or iTunes & App Store settings) and then you're ready to set up Apple Arcade .
1. Go to the App Store on your iPhone.
2nd At the bottom right, touch the tab Arcade . You should see a message that you can play for free for a month.
3. Press the button Try It Free .
4. If you have not logged in yet, log in with your Apple ID.
5. Press Confirm to start a month's trial.
Apple Arcade will automatically charge you after the end of the trial period, but you can cancel it on your App Store account the day before renewal if you decide to back out (setting a calendar reminder can help). To cancel, touch the account icon at the top right of any App Store window. Then press Subscriptions press Apple Arcade and then press Cancel Free Trial to cancel your subscription.
6. If you are prompted for your Apple ID password to confirm that you want to start a monthly test, then click Log In .
7th If it asks, choose when you want a password for additional purchases.
8. Press OK to accept Apple's media terms of service and then press Agree .
9. You may need to confirm your credit card information. If you get asked, click Continue to go to Settings, where you can confirm or update your payment information. You may need to repeat a few steps after confirming your information.
How to Play Games at Apple Arcade
Once you've signed up for a free monthly trial, you can start playing. Apple expects the Apple Arcade catalog to exceed 100 games as it introduces new titles in the coming weeks, with additional games coming each month.
first To find a game: Either browse through Apple's highlights in the arcade window or scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and press See All Games .
2. When you find a game to play, press Get to the right of the game name.
3. When Arcade has downloaded the game to your phone, press Play .
4. If prompted, you can log in to the Game Center – Apple Multiplayer Game – and select an avatar and nickname. You can also tap Not Now to bypass the Game Center.
5. That's it! Play!
For more information about Apple Arcade, check out our list of advertised games and why the service is a must-try for an Android user.
CNET may receive a commission from retail offerings.