Public beta testers are for a treatment today. While Apple is extremely inconsistent with the developer and public beta release plans, the company is ready to release both versions of iOS 12.2 beta 5 today, March 11. If you are a public tester, you will experience everything IOS 12.2's new add-on for yourself, rather than having to read about it for up to 24 hours in advance.
At this time, beta 5 seems to be a simple and incremental update to beta 4. In fact, Apple kept the release notes for beta 5 exactly the same as for both beta 4 and beta 3. notable changes are simply small user interface tweaks; S X S S
X S Max and X R are written in small caps on the "About" page there is a thin sketch around the News icon in Settings, and that icon is more visible on the News page, as in the "Today" tab.
It is likely that this update contains minor, under-the-hood bug fixes for beta 4 issues, and possibly security patches for potential vulnerabilities. Regarding changes and features you would notice, you will find that beta 5 will be empty-handed.
You can check out the official beta 5 releases ̵1; as well as beta 3 and 4 – below:
App Store – Promote Your New Offers Subscriptions
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so Apps with automatically renewable subscriptions will soon be able to offer discounted prices for a certain duration for existing and past subscription customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You may not be able to verify within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked, then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click the side button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Cellular – Resolved Issues
- Resolved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solving Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 5 when available, make sure you are a registered public beta test with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To install directly, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Download and Install, then follow the on-screen instructions.
If this is not your first beta rodeo, you know that iOS 12.2 should be a fun update to 12.1.4. With at least 22 new features and modifications, including enhanced AirPlay 2 support, new Animoji and a newly developed Apple TV remote control in the Control Center, 12.2 will be more than just a face lift.