On Monday, February 4, Apple released the second developer beta for iOS 12.2. The update includes bug fixes for users running iOS 12.2 beta 1, as well as four new Animoji for Face ID devices. Developers are strongly encouraged to update their iPhones. It is unclear whether the update includes a fix for Group FaceTime error detected last week.
The main attraction for 12.2 dev beta 2 is the addition of four new Animoji – users can now choose from a giraffe, shark, wild boar X S Max In addition to the new Animoji, AT & T users in some markets see a new "5G E" symbol on their iPhone X S X S Max, or X R . Must not be mistaken ̵1; there are currently no 5G networks for all smartphones to connect to in the United States. Rather, this marks the AT&T "5G Evolution" technique, a slightly faster version of 4G LTE that we all know.
The update also includes a number of bug fixes, as well as some new and previously existing issues:
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click on the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular rhythm references are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen Known Issues
- The device charge level may remain on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913) Solution: Turn on the device and then turn it on again.
News New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian developers on beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri Solved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 2, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To install right now, start the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software update." Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the on-screen instructions.