Apple just released the sixth beta release for iOS 12.2 today, Monday, March 18. Just as expected, the update to the developer version dropped just before 1 p.m. EDT (10 AM PDT) and comes with new changes and features from iOS 12.2 beta 5 and later, including a new warranty status on the "About" page of Settings.
We still discover new features as they roll in, but we already know a little about iOS 12.2 Developer beta 6. When you look at the "About" page in Settings, you see a new warranty status that reflects the type of warranty your iPhone has. For example, if you purchased AppleCare, you would see this along with the expiration date. If you did not buy Apple Care and your iPhone is less than one year old, see "Limited Warranty" along with the warranty date expiration date. Note You can buy AppleCare + for your iPhone if you are in a particular window after the purchase date, if you still do not.
Apple also includes an action for an Apple Pay problem, where authentication would fail in Wallet when selecting a card to use. In addition, beta 6 probably contains smaller bug fixes for problems that are in beta 5.
You can check out the full 12.2 beta 6 editions below:
App Store – Promote your subscriptions with new offers  StoreKit now supports subscription offers In addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto renewable subscriptions will soon be able to offer discounted prices for a certain duration for existing and formerly subscribed customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Resolved Problems
Resolved an issue where approval sometimes failed within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900)
Cellular – Resolved Issues
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases while using cellular data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solving Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the device from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on beta developers. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 6, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To install instantly, launch the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update." Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Apple includes some new features in 12.2 except the smaller changes mentioned above. The next major updates include new Animoji, AirPlay 2 support from third-party TVs, and Air Quality controls in Weather, just to name a few. While not the most significant update in the iOS history, 12.2 is really an exciting one.