If you are an iOS app developer, your Monday has improved; Apple just released the iOS 12.2 developer Beta 5 to your software updates today, March 11. It is too early to say exactly what Cupertino-based companies have in the beta store, but it is likely that it contains some degree of subheading improvements and bug fixes.
Apple takes its sweet time publishing the beta update instructions, so until then we have to wonder if the nitty gritty comes with beta 5. Although not always, it is likely that some invisible stability improvements will be made to make the beta run smoother and smoother with each iteration. But beyond that, we are not sure of any new features that beta 5 will bring.
We post beta 5's here when available. Before that, take a look at what beta version 4 was introduced in iOS, as some or all of these issues can be solved with the latest update. Interestingly, beta 4's release instructions were identical to beta 3, so it may also be the case of beta 5.
App Store ̵1; Promote Your New Offers Subscriptions
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with automatic renewable subscriptions can soon offer discounted prices for a certain duration for existing and formerly subscribed customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Cellular – Resolved Problems
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only samples. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solving Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the device from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 5 when available, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To install instantly, launch the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update." Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you've run iOS 12.2 beta, you know Apple is planning to release some remarkable changes and features for the iPhone. The issues are different across the board, from UI tweaks as a new news icon and a newly developed screen for Apple TV remote control, to major additions such as new Animoji, AirPlay 2 support among third-party TVs and air quality controls in Weather.  Don't miss: New iOS 12.2 Features for iPhone you don't want to miss