If you are an iOS app developer, your Monday has improved; Apple just released the iOS 12.2 developer Beta 5 to your software updates today, March 11. This fifth beta version includes a number of small user interfaces and modifications, and probably some enhancement of the undercoat and bug fixes.
beta 5's edition notes are identical to both beta 4 and beta 3 s. While it may insinuate these three beta versions are the same, it is not so. Beta 4 included noticeable differences from beta 3, including a new News icon, a newly developed Apple TV remote and a new Apple TV remote control in the Control Center, among other changes.
Beta 5 mainly plays some small UI tweaks. You will notice on the page "About" as "S" and "R" in iPhone X S X S Max and X R ] written in small caps, there is now an overview around the News icon in Settings, and that news icon is used more throughout the News app, as in the "Today" tab. In addition, beta 5 is likely to contain minor bug fixes not mentioned in the release notes, and may also include security updates to address any vulnerabilities Apple found with beta 4.
You can check out the release notes for beta 5 – as well as pasted 3 and 4 – below:
App Store – Promote Your New Offers Subscriptions
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions can soon provide a discounted price for some duration for existing customers and past customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You may not be able to verify within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked, then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Cellular – Resolved Issues
- Resolved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solving Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note: Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 5, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To install instantly, launch the Settings app, select "General" and then "Software Update." Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the screen.