Seven days ago, Apple released the first public beta for iOS 12.2. Now, public testers have access to the latest update, as Apple releases 12.2 public beta 2 today, Tuesday, February 5. The company released the developer beta one day earlier, which includes bug fixes to problems found in beta 1.
Public testers using an iPhone X, X S X S Max or X R also has access to four new Animoji in 12.2 beta 2. These new Animoji include a giraffe, shark, boar and owl and will find their way to the public at 1
In addition to new Animoji, some AT & T users have discovered a "5G E" cellular status symbol on their iPhone X S X S Max and X R . Genuine 5G technology has not yet been released. Instead, this refers to AT & T's "5G Evolution", a slightly improved version of 4G LTE available in some markets.
Beta 2 also contains various bug fixes, as well as new and previously existing bugs:
Apple Pay Known Issues  You may not be able to verify within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in the Wallet and verify before holding your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only sample types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen Known Issues
- The device charge level may remain on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913) Solution: Turn the device off and then on again.
News New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian developers on beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri Solved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
Apple confirmed an upcoming update to iOS 12.1.3 that would fix Group FaceTime security errors that allowed someone to listen to your iPhone while a FaceTime call was waiting. It would make sense for Apple to include this update in 12.2 beta 2, but it is impossible to say any way or the other.
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 2, you must first register for the beta program and have a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled iOS 12 new "Automatic Updates", you can have the software updated overnight. To download it directly, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software update." Click on "Download and install" and then follow the instructions on the screen.