While developers got iOS 12.2 beta 3 on February 19, public beta testers have to wait an extra day, subsequent costume with previous iOS 12.2 beta releases. The third beta version includes corrections for Group FaceTime and the missing date on the lock screen, as well as some small app updates.
The first thing to note is that the Group FaceTime security issue, which was patched for everyone on iOS 12.1.4, has finally been patched for public beta users. While still not perfect as it should, it works at least in part. There may be further fixes for errors and security issues, but Apple does not always list them in their release notes.
For these release instructions, the biggest change is the aforementioned lock screen fix, which gets rid of "Charged" indicator that remained where the date would be. There is also a note on devs about new subscription offers, which means that applicants can change the pricing price instead of having a consistent price.
Apart from the official editions, the "About" page in the "General" settings is reorganized with a new object that gives the actual iPhone model name, the Apple News app now shows the Apple icon instead of "Apple" in "Apple News" At the top, the News icon is away from the right side of the News app, and the Apple TV remote control in the control center has a darker interface.
App Store ̵1; Promote Your New Offers Subscriptions
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will soon be able to provide a discounted price for some duration to existing and past customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click on the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Cellular – Resolved Issues
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart rate remarks are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solution Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 3, sign up for the beta program to get a valid configuration profile, if you don't already have it. If you have enabled iOS 12 new "Automatic Updates", you can have the software updated overnight. Otherwise, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software Update". Touch "Download and Install", then follow the instructions.
Beta tester gets access to new iOS features for iPhone before the public. This time, there are at least 16 amazing changes, including the new Animoji for iPhone X models, AirPlay 2 support, and air quality statistics in Apple Maps, among many others.