One day after the official release of iOS 12.1.3, Apple released the first beta for iOS 12.2 to developers. The software seems to be the first at a time as an important update. Apple's latest beta cycles included 12.1.2 and 12.1.3 incremental updates to iOS 12.1. Now we have entered a new version of iOS 12, hoping fully for new features.
Apple's release notes for iOS 12.2 Developer Beta 1 list problems with Apple Pay authentication in Wallet, a problem that buys prepaid mobile plans, and a developer-only quirk that prevents Siri from working in simulators. In terms of new features, Apple News is now available in Canada and Apple Watch heart rate messages are now read-only in HealthKit.
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before holding your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click on the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Mobile Known Issues
- You may not be able to purchase a prepaid data plan using mobile data. (47272516) Solution: Connect to Wi-Fi and then buy the plan.
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart rate messages are now available as read-only category samples. (46422154)
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri Known Issues
- Siri does not work in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 dev beta 1, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled "Automatic Updates" in iOS 12, you can have the software updated overnight. To download the beta version right now, start the setup app, select "General" and then "Software update". Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the new software.