Apple iOS and MacOS Mojave for $ 9.99 per month.a premium newspaper and newspaper subscription on Monday, called Apple News Plus. It is available today with an update to
That subscription price gives you unlimited access to almost 300 newspapers and newspapers ̵1; including Time, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated, National Geographic, Wired, Sham, Vulture, Los Angeles Times and Wall Street Journal – all inside the News app.
There is a free monthly trial before you have to start paying the $ 10 monthly fee. The good news is that everyone in your family has full access to Apple News Plus and can have their own favorites and personal recommendations.
In addition to the United States, News Plus is available in Canada and offers more than 30 Canadian English and French-language newspapers and the Toronto Star magazine. The premium service rolls out to Australia and Europe later this year, Apple said. ($ 9.99 converts to about £ 7.50 or AU $ 14.)
I downloaded the new service and it's easy to set up. It is also easy to find what you are looking for, either by browsing the directory or by browsing through topic-specific tabs – which span business to gardening – at the top of the app.
How to start. Browse to the end for more on how the service works.
How to install Apple News Plus
Apple News Plus is today available as part of the update of iOS 12.2. Here's how to create a premium subscription to News Plus.
- To get it on your iPhone ($ 1000 on Amazon) and iPad ($ 250 on Amazon) go to Settings and then Software Update and tap Download and Install. The update is great and, depending on your connection speed, it may take a while. It did for us.
- On your home page, tap the News icon.
- If you haven't configured News anyway, tap the installation screens, including if you want to allow News to access your site to customize your news feed
- Click the News Plus button at the bottom of the News window.
- News Plus offers a 30-day trial to check out the service, then press the red Getting Started button to get started.
- Press red Try the free button in the next window.
- The app may ask you to log in with your Apple ID. If you need to log in, tap Settings and enter your Apple ID and password. Then go back to the news app.
- Tap the blue Confirm button you want to start your 1-month subscription subscription.
- Enter your Apple ID if you are asked to log in and start trying.
How to read newspapers in Apple News Plus
With a News Plus subscription, you get unlimited access to all newspapers and magazines in the plan. You can browse the directory to see the entire collection and then press a magazine cover to see the table of contents, if the magazine has one – not everyone does.
Publishers can also create an animated magazine protection, giving an appealing Live-Photos-like look. I love what the animated cover looks like, but only saw one, from National Geographic, when I browsed the collection.
To target content that may interest you, Apple's news editors pass article and topic collections, so you can check out hand-picked feature stories or interesting travel articles, for example. You don't need to feel self-conscious about your reading choices: Apple made a statement that neither it nor its advertisers will be able to track what you read.
Browse the directory and read a journal
To get in the app, tap the Browse tab in the directory to view all current publications. Magazines are sorted alphabetically, starting with ABC Soaps in Depth.
Press a magazine cover to start reading. For newspapers without a table of contents, scroll through the pages by pressing the next arrow in the lower right corner of the page.
For those with a table of contents, scroll down from the cover to see the table of contents and then navigate to a story by tapping it.
The main window also shows the current newspaper you are reading in My Magazines area. The latest magazine you opened appears here, but I didn't see an obvious way to queue more than a magazine here.
If you want to read the magazine under offline, press the small download button below the cover to save the magazine to your phone.
With a magazine open, you can press the Share button in the upper right corner to share the magazine with another News Plus subscriber. You can also jump back to the beginning of the magazine by tapping the thumbnail in the newspaper in the lower left corner. Press the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to the main page.
Find a newspaper by subject
At the top you can browse through the tabs at the top to find a topic you are interested in. Arranged alphabetically, the tabs from Business & Finance go to Women & # 39; s Lifestyle. Tap a tab to see the collection of magazines Apple has collected in the collection.