Apple released iOS 12.3 today, the latest version iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad. The software spent almost seven weeks in beta testing, giving an early chance to try out Apple TV channels – now living for everyone. Apple released 12.3 beta 6, the last beta update, Friday May 13, days after beta 5.
The most important part of iOS 12.3 is by far Apple TV channels. First introduced in March during Apple's great subscription presentation, making it easy to gather all of your participating TV subscriptions in a great place. Apple has also collaborated with networks and services, so subscribing and viewing content directly in the Apple TV app is seamless. You do not even need to download each service's app because you can subscribe directly through Apple.
Current premium channels you can subscribe to at the launch include Acorn TV, Cinemax, Comedy Central Now, CuriosityStream, Epix, HBO, Lifetime Movie Club, MTV Hits, PBS Living, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, Starz, Sundance Now, Tastemade and Urban Movie Channel.
As an example of its potential, Apple TV Channels is currently the only way to download HBO content for offline playback. If you are a HBO GO or HBO Now user, you know that the path in each Game of Thrones fan is the lack of downloadable content. This change alone can suffice to get HBO subscribers to sign up via Apple TV channels instead of their provider.
Apple's release notes also provide some more new things, see below. You can view security updates on the site, but one big point to note is that it fixed a vulnerability that allowed someone to access your iPhone to display your iTunes email address. We assume it is from the lock screen, but it does not. Another important thing to mention is that your iPhone could previously be tracked through its Wi-Fi Mac address, but Apple removed the broadcast MAC address for privacy.
iOS 12.3 supports AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and features a newly developed Apple TV app.
- AirPlay 2 now supports sharing videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone and iPad directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV.
- One-tap playback automatically plays your selected TV show or movie on the last screen you used based on time and space.
- Siri Proposal to watch movies and TV shows now includes an alternative to AirPlay.
- Intelligent proposals are all ready
Apple TV app
- The Apple TV app has a brand new design that highlights expert-cited collections and personal recommendations.
- Apple TV channels offer subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, Starz and more, available to watch directly in Apple's TV app, online or offline.
- Subscriptions to Apple TV channels can be shared with up to six family members without any new apps, accounts or passwords needed. 19659009] New Relay films are available to buy or rent in the Apple TV app, including a full catalog of over 100,000 movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles.
- A new dedicated children's section helps you find editorial hand-picked programs and movies safe for kids of all ages.
- The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest that you play with the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-enabled TVs nearby.
This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News + directory.
- The Apple Music & # 39; s For You tab updates several times a day suggestion music based on themes such as genres, artists, and moods you love.
- Fixes a problem that can prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing video, controlling video, or changing the volume of received receivers.
- Addresses a problem that can cause calls made using Wi-Fi calls to release.
- Solve a problem where song information from a connected iPhone may not appear in the car's display.
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.3, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. When your iOS 12.3 update is loaded, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the new software.