So far, iOS 13.4 has not been a disappointment. From new Memoji stickers, an updated Mail toolbar, even the start of checking your car with your iPhone, Apple's latest iOS update looks like a good one. That is why we are pleased that Apple just released the third 13.4 developer work today, one week after the launch of dev beta 2.
Apple released this latest 13.4 beta update at 1. EST (10.00 PST). If you follow iOS beta news closely, you know that Apple uses this release time for most of the major beta updates. That said, this beta is only for registered developers. If you don't have a developer profile, you have to wait until Apple releases the public beta, which we expect to see either at 4 p.m. EST today (1p.m. PST) or 1 p.m. EST tomorrow.
So far, there is only one thing that seems new with dev beta 3. 9to5Mac discovered evidence of an "OS Recovery" mode in the new beta. Even if you do not currently have access to the feature, the working theory is that "OS Recovery" will function as an Internet-based recovery mode. Right now, you need to connect an iPhone directly to a Mac or PC to boot into recovery mode, but with "OS Recovery" you may be able to do so from the internet instead.
We will keep this article updated with further discoveries we make. In the meantime, you can check out Apple's release notes below:
iOS & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
- iOS & iPadOS 13.4 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. devices running iOS & iPadOS 13.4. SDK comes with Xcode 11.4, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on Xcode 11.4 compatibility requirements, see Release Notes for Xcode 11.4 Beta 2.
General – Known Issues
- To install iOS 13.4 beta 3 with the reset image, first install Xcode 11.4 beta 2.
General – Solved Problems
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the Settings app unexpectedly quitting after a user looked at specific app settings and then returned to the main settings page. (59124369)
Keyboard – New Features
- QuickType Keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Live Conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9 "iPad layout.
Keyboard – Solved Problems
- 12.9" Multilingual iPad layouts now exactly match the hardware keyboard layouts.
Location Services – New Features
- When an app always requests approval for the first time after being previously approved for While using the app, the device immediately displays location authorization prompt. (57106235)
Photos – New Features
- New keyboard shortcuts are available in Photos on iPadOS, allowing you to quickly navigate between tabs, search and create albums. When in full screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate and enter edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos – Solved Problems
- Fixed an issue where photos may not be synced as expected to the Apple Watch. (59324590)
SwiftUI – New Features
- When using a multi-column NavigationView, the navigation bar now displays a control to switch the columns. (49074511)
- OnDrag and onDrop modifiers are now available on iOS. (49661347)
Here's what we saw with dev beta 2:
- New Streaming options in TV settings
- New Download options section in TV settings
- Update to the Mail Toolbar, which itself was updated with beta 1
- "Change your clicks" is now "Home Button Haptics" on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus
- A new question when activating AssistiveTouch for the first time asking if you want to add "Dwell" and "Scroll" to the highest customization
- Tips in the code that iOS will soon support MX Anywhere 2 and Corsair Harpoon RGB Gaming Mouse  Tips on the code that CarKeys can be shared via iMessage
To update your iPhone to iOS 13.4 dev beta 3, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image for your iPhone located in the Developer Portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then refresh over the air. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta builder, or you can wait until it is installed automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Don Don't Miss: All the New iOS The 13.4 Features You Need to Know About
Start Your Career in Graphic Design with the Gadget Hacks Beginner's Guide to Photoshop Course
Buy Now for $ 199.99>