In a welcome Thursday war, iOS 13.4 follows public beta 3 after the release of developer beta 3 with just three hours. While it is not uncommonly unusual for most beta cycles, it is for this one. Apple waited 24 hours between dev beta 2 and public beta 2, and five full days between dev beta 1 and public beta 1. It's nice to see these beets coming out the same day again.
The third public beta came out at 4 PM EST (1 p.m. PST) on February 26. As mentioned, it comes three hours after dev beta 3, which was released at 1 p.m. EST. As such, we've already had plenty of time to dive into the beta and check out what's new. This time, however, there is not much to say.
The new feature discovered so far is "OS Recovery." As reported by 9to5Mac, OS Recovery is not yet available, but the theory is that it will be an Internet-based OS recovery mode for iPhones. That way, you can use Recovery Mode to address problems with your iPhone without having to connect it to a Mac or PC first.
If you are interested in what Apple thinks are the remarkable features, changes and bugs regarding iOS 13.4 beta 3, check out the release notes below:
iOS & iPadOS 13.4 Beta 3 Release Notes
Overview  iOS & iPadOS 13.4 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS and iPadOS 13.4. SDK comes with Xcode 11.4, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on Xcode 11.4 compatibility requirements, see Release Notes for Xcode 11.4 Beta 2.
General – Known Issues
- To install iOS 13.4 beta 3 with the reset image, first install Xcode 11.4 beta 2.
General – Solved Problems
- Fixed an issue that could lead to the Settings app unexpectedly quitting after a user looked at specific app settings and then returned to the main settings page. (59124369)
Keyboard – New Features
- QuickType Keyboard now supports predictive input for Arabic.
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Live Conversion for Japanese and Chinese (Zhuyin).
- QuickType Keyboard now supports Swiss German layout for 12.9 "iPad layout.
Keyboard – Solved Problems
- 12.9" Multilingual iPad layouts now exactly match the hardware keyboard layouts.
Location Services – New Features
- When an app always requests approval for the first time after being previously approved for While using the app, the device immediately displays location authorization prompt. (57106235)
Photos – New Features
- New keyboard shortcuts are available in Photos on iPadOS, allowing you to quickly navigate between tabs, search and create albums. When in full screen mode, you can also delete, duplicate and enter edit mode with a keyboard. (57195967)
Photos – Solved Problems
- Fixed an issue where photos may not be synced as expected to the Apple Watch. (59324590)
SwiftUI – New Features
- When using a multi-column NavigationView, the navigation bar now displays a control to switch the columns. (49074511)
- OnDrag and onDrop modifiers are now available on iOS. (49661347)
Beta 2 contained a lot of new updates, especially compared to beta 3:
- A new streaming option in TV settings.
- A new Download Options section in TV settings.
- An update to the Mail toolbar, which itself was updated with beta 1.
- "Change your clicks" is now "Home Button for Home Button" on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, and 8 Plus.
- A new question when you enable AssistiveTouch for the first time asking if you want to add "Dwell" and "Scroll" to the top-level customization.
- Tips in the code that iOS will soon support MX Anywhere 2 and Corsair Harpoon RGB Gaming Mouse.
- Tips in the code that CarKeys will be able to share via iMessage.
To download and install iOS 13.4 public beta 3, register through the Apple beta website, download and install the configuration profile, and then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to begin the installation of the latest beta, or you can wait until it is automatically installed if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Start your career in graphic design with the Gadget Hacks Beginner's Guide to Photoshop Course
Buy Now for $ 199.99>