Apple just released the second public beta of iOS 14.2 (build number 18B5061e) for iPhone today, Wednesday, September 30th. The update adds emoji from Emoji 13.0 to iOS for the first time, including smiling face with toes, seal, ninja, anatomical heart, among many others from the collection.
It is a pulp of emoji in the Emoji 13.0 update. According to Emojipedia, there are a total of 117 new articles with additions in each emoji category. You can see for yourself below:
- Smiley’s & People: Smiling face with toes, disguised face, pinched fingers, anatomical heart, lungs, ninja, man in tuxedo, woman in tuxedo, man with veil, woman with veil, woman feeding children, man feeding children, person feeding children, mx claus, people Hugging, sleeping pin, knot, strap sandal, military helmet.
- Animals and nature: Black cat, bison, mammoth, beaver, polar bear, dodo, feather, seal, beetle, cockroach, fly, worm, houseplant, stone.
- Food and drinks: Blueberries, Olives, Peppers, Flatbread, Tamale, Fondue, Teapot, Bubble Tea.
- Activity: Roller skate, accordion, long drum, Boomerang.
- Travel & places: Pickup Truck, Hut.
- Object: Magic wand, Piñata, nesting dolls, coins, carpenter̵7;s saw, screwdriver, hook, ladder, mirror, window, piston, mousetrap, bucket, toothbrush, tombstone, placard.
- Symbols: Elevator, Transgender symbol.
- Flags: Transgender flag.
This update also seems to confirm a long-standing rumor that the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will not come with wired headphones, a first in iPhone history. In all previous versions of iOS, Apple makes a reference to “included headphones” in text regarding reducing the exposure to RF energy. With 14.2, however, the company removed the word “delivered” from the statement.
This update comes one day after Apple released 14.2 dev beta 2, six days after Apple released iOS 14.0.1, nine days after 14.2 public beta 1 and 13 days after 14.2 dev beta 1.
Release Notes for iOS and iPadOS 14.2 Beta 2
- IOS & iPadOS 14.2 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 14.2. SDK comes with Xcode 12.2 beta 2, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 12.2, see Xcode 12.2 Beta Release Notes.
- Apps built with iOS 14 SDK that imports SwiftUI and StoreKit in the same file are now started correctly. A former user Italy (69094398)
Apple Pay: Solved
- Apple Cash Family is now available in iOS & iPadOS 14.2 beta 2. (68740022)
Exposure Registration: Solved
- Risk values are now calculated correctly when custom damping weights are used. A former user Germany (68731193)
- You can now use Siri to send audio messages. A former user Italy (67725415)
- Your app will no longer quit unexpectedly if it uses ASIHTTPRequest. A former user Germany (68370078)
How to install the latest beta on your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 public beta 2, sign up through Apple’s beta site, download and install the configuration profile, and then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start the installation of the latest beta, or you can wait until it is installed automatically if “Automatic Updates” is enabled.
Keep your connection secure without a monthly bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and watch Hulu or Netflix without any regional restrictions.
Buy now (80% off)>