While developers have already received iOS 12.2 beta 3 on February 19, they will of you on the public beta likely to have to wait another day. During the iOS 12 beet, public testers have received new beta one day after developers, and there seems to be no reason why it should change now. When available, it will contain a fix that returns the date on the lock screen.
While it is still early, we know that iOS 12.2 public beta 3 introduces the fix for Group FaceTime, which was patched for everyone on iOS 12.1 .4 but not for iOS 12.2. There may be further fixes for errors and security issues, but Apple does not always list them in their release notes.
As for these release instructions, the biggest change is the aforementioned lock screen fix, which gets rid of "Charged" indicator that remained where the date would be and a listing to devs about new subscription offers, which means that the owners can change the price of subscriptions instead to have a consistent price.
App Store ̵1; Promote Your New Offers Subscriptions
StoreKit now supports subscription offers in addition to introductory offers, so apps with auto-renewable subscriptions will soon be able to offer discounted rates for a certain duration for existing and formerly subscribed customers. You will be able to use subscription offers to help win back subscribers who have canceled their subscriptions or are upgrading to a different subscription at a special price. Customers can accept the offer, even if they have already made an initial offer.
StoreKit introduces a new series of SKProductDiscount objects within the SKProduct class to show offers within your app to authorized customers. Add a new SKPaymentDiscount item within the SKPayment class to allow these offers to be accepted by the customer.
Apple Pay – Known Issues
- You may not be able to authenticate within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with facial ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
Cellular – Resolved Problems
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit – New Features
- High and low heart rate messages and irregular heart beat messages are now available as read-only samples. (46422154)
iCloud Photos – Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen – Solving Problems
- The device charge level no longer remains on the lock screen after removing the device from a charger. (47363913)
News – New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2, and is now available to Canadian users on the developer beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri – Resolved Problems
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 3, sign up for the beta program to get a valid configuration profile if you don't already have it. If you have enabled iOS 12 new "Automatic Updates", you can have the software updated overnight. Otherwise, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software Update". Press "Download and Install" and then follow the instructions.
Beta Testers get access to new iOS features for the iPhone for the public. This time, there are at least 16 amazing changes, including the new Animoji for iPhone X models, AirPlay 2 support and air quality statistics in Apple Maps, among many others.