Seven days ago, Apple released the first public beta for iOS 12.2. Now, public testers are about to see a new update, as we expect Apple to release iOS 12.2 public beta 2 as soon as today, Monday, Feb. 4. The developer beta is already out, which probably contains bug fixes to problems found in beta 1. There is no word about the software fixing the infamous Group FaceTime bug that was discovered last week.
Public testers with an iPhone X, X S X S Max, or X R will have access to four new Animoji once 1
Apple Pay Known Issues
- You may not be able to verify within Wallet after selecting a card. (44919900) Solution: On an iPhone with Touch ID, double-click the Home button when your iPhone is locked and then select the desired card in your wallet and verify before you hold your iPhone near the reader. IPhone X S iPhone X S Max and iPhone X R double click on the page button, select the desired card in the wallet and verify with Face ID before holding your iPhone near the reader.
- Solved a problem that prevented prepaid data plan purchases when using mobile data. (47272516)
HealthKit New Features
- High and low heart rate and irregular heart rate notifications are now available as read-only test types. (46422154)
iCloud Photos Resolved issues
- Images shared with sharing suggestions are now correctly added. (47401696)
Lock Screen Known Issues
- The unit charge level may remain on the lock screen after removing the unit from a charger. (47363913) Solution: Turn the device off and then on again.
News New Features
- Apple News will be available in Canada with iOS 12.2 and is now available to Canadian developers on beta. Apple News in Canada supports both English and French. Readers can access a bilingual experience when following a channel in a second language. Note! Publications in beta do not reflect all content that will be available. Top Stories and Digests are not updated as often as they will be in the freight product.
Siri Solved Issues
- Siri works in iOS simulators. (46681836)
Apple confirmed an upcoming update to iOS 12.1.3 that would fix the Group FaceTime security bullet that allowed someone to listen to your iPhone while a FaceTime call was waiting. It would make sense for Apple to include this update in 12.2 beta 2, but it is impossible to say any way or the other.
To update your iPhone to iOS 12.2 public beta 2, you must first register for the beta program and have a valid configuration profile. If you have enabled iOS 12 new "Automatic Updates", you can have the software updated overnight. To download it directly, start Settings, select "General" and then "Software update." Touch "Download and Install" and then follow the on-screen instructions.