Apple released iOS 14.2 developer beta 3 for the iPhone on Tuesday, October 13th. The update adds new numbers for HomePod mini and Beats Flex, support for HomePod’s upcoming “Intercom” feature, new Core Media features for developers, and resolved SwiftUI issues.
The Beta 3 update, which was released just before 11.30 PDT, comes two weeks after the launch of 14.2 dev beta 2 and 13 days after 14.2 public beta 2. If you are a public beta tester, you will have to wait until Apple releases 14.2 public beta 3, which we expect to appear between 10: 00 and 13:00 PDT on Wednesday.
Version information for iOS and iPadOS 14.2 Beta 3
Update your apps to use new features and test your apps against API changes.
IOS & iPadOS 14.2 SDK provides support for developing apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 14.2. SDK comes with Xcode 12.2 beta 3, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 12.2, see Xcode 12.2 Beta 3 Release Notes.
General – Known issues
- Restore Image updates are not currently supported for iPad Pro 11-inch (second generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (fourth generation). A former user Italy (70176642) Work around: Use software update instead.
Core Media – New features
SwiftUI – Fixed
- Images with a high contrast catalog are used correctly by Image in an environment with colorSchemeContrast ==. Increased. A former user Italy (65164844)
- An image embedded in text is no longer displayed incorrectly in widgets. A former user Germany (69392317)
- The menu label text can now be entered as expected. A former user Germany (68824462)
- Xcode previews no longer end unexpectedly when you preview a view with FetchRequest. A former user Italy (65544435)
How to install the latest beta on your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.2 dev beta 3, you must be a registered developer. You can use the recovery image for your iPhone available in the Developer Portal (install with iTunes or Finder) or install the configuration profile and then update over the air. If you already have the profile installed on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to start installing the latest beta, or you can wait until it installs automatically if “Automatic Updates” is enabled.
Keep your connection secure without a monthly bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and watch Hulu or Netflix without any regional restrictions.
Buy now (80% off)>