You have your new Huawei Mate 20 Pro in your hands, but there is something you're not sure about or a problem it just seems not right. You may not be alone and your Mate 20 Pro may have a gremlin or two inside. Here is our summary of issues reported on Huawei's otherwise very impressive phone.
Problem: Green Screen Tone
Several cases of people complaining about their phone screens have taken on a green hue that only gets worse has appeared online since the phone was launched. Often most noticeable against a dark wallpaper or in low light conditions, the green shade spreads from each side of the phone curves and can extend over the top of the display.
Currently, Huawei has not issued an official statement on the Situation, which has affected other manufacturers' phones earlier, even though we have reached the company about the situation. A post at the Huawei Community Forum informed about involved users to contact an authorized service center for assistance.
- The best part is to contact the Huawei Service Center, your network, or the retailer that provides any hardware issues, as it should be covered by the warranty. Go to the Huawei website for information about your closest.
Glitch: Fingerprint Sensor
New technology can often be problematic and while Mate 20 Pros fingerprint sensor on display is one of the better, it's not perfect and can be less reliable over time. If your fingerprint sensor takes some attempts to unlock the phone, it only takes a while to re-register your fingerprint.
- Open settings on your Mate 20 Pro, go to Security and Privacy since Fingerprint ID and enter your security code. Select the registered fingerprint that causes the problem, then Remove from the list that appears at the bottom of the screen. You will be prompted to add a new fingerprint, or if not, select New fingerprint on the screen from the available options.
- If you have a screen protector mounted, it may affect registration or use. If possible, remove it and scan your fingerprints. Additionally, some screen protectors can lower the reliability of fingerprint sensors, so check with the company that does it before they buy.
Issues: Message Notifications Can Not Be Viewed
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a feature at the top of the screen, and the available screen on both sides of it is not that big, leaving room only for permanent icons such as battery time, network signal, Bluetooth and NFC. App and other messages are not displayed frequently.
- This is a problem with Huawei's EMUI user interface across the top of Android 9.0, and every chopped Huawei phone will be affected rather than specifically Mate 20 Pro. At present there is no solution to this without giving feedback to Huawei. The company is listening to this, and changes can be found in a future version of EMUI.
Problem: lacking artificial intelligence in video
Artificial intelligence has been used to improve still images on Huawei phones for a while and Mate 20 Pro adds AI features to video as well. You can darken the background, isolate some color on the screen, or even add live filters to the movie. If your Mate 20 Pro does not have these features, you may be running a current version of firmware.
- Firmware 220.127.116.11
- The release of new firmware depends on your network and location, so if not, be patient because updated firmware is usually shipped in batches. Make sure you update the update quickly by pressing the menu button in the upper right corner of the Software Update screen and then turning on Auto Download over Wi-Fi .
These are all the issues we have seen frequently reported with Huawei Mate 20 Pro so far, but if others show up, we'll add them to the list and also help us with possible solutions.