The Moto G7 Power is a phone that screams the battery life. From its screen resolution to the massive battery, it was designed for those who hate to charge every night. But, unlike other battery-focused smartphones, it comes at a price that almost everyone can afford.
Lenovo, Motorola's parent company, claims three days of power on this phone. For context, this number is a combination of use and standby, with most of it coming from standby. But this phone should still provide at least half the battery life of an average user. That means you can go to sleep with a phone that you used all day and wake up with enough battery for most of the next day. And you get all this power without compromising on performance or price.
Jump to a section: Standout Features | Date | Storage | Price | Body | Basics | Software | Hud | Display | Performance | Battery | Front Camera | Rear Camera | Sound | Sensors | Connections | Security | Box contains | Accessories
Moto G7 Power provides several days of battery life with little compromise. You still get interlude, a big screen, a headphone jack, and a fingerprint reader at a price below $ 300.
The Moto G7 Power was announced on February 7, 2019 along with the Moto G7 and Moto G7 Play. No pre-order dates were announced. G7 Power will release in the US in the next few weeks.
Issue Date: Q1 2019
Issue Date: Q1 2019
The Moto G7 Power comes with a 32GB storage option.
- 32 GB
- Expandable storage: up to 128 GB with microSD card
The back cover is a polymer glass. The front screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 3. It will be released in one color, navy blue
- Frame: Unknown
- Rear tire: plastic
- Protective cover: Gorilla glass 3
- Finish: marine blue
Thanks to its large battery capacity, the G7 Power is the thickest phone in the G7 family at 0.37 inches. With its 6.2-inch screen, it is also one of the highest and widest phones as well. G7 Play is splash-proof, which makes it possible to survive light rain or some sweat. It is compatible with both T-Mobile and AT & T, and it will also be sold via various MVNOs and wireless carriers. Height: 6.28 inches Width: 2.99 inches
Moto G7 Power runs the latest version of Android, 9.0 Pie. It's essentially stock Android with some extra features like the Moto Display. And with its $ 199 price, you won't find a cheaper phone running this version of Android.
Motorola drives run a version of Android so close to layers that it's not a skin – in fact Motorola Don't even give a name. With the exception of Moto Display and few gestures and shortcuts, Android runs in its purest form.
The G7 Power has a 6.2 inch LTPS LCD screen. It has a resolution of 1570 x 720, with a 19.5: 9 aspect ratio, the only non-19: 9 display phone in the setup.
- Screen size: 6.2 inches
- Screen resolution: 1570 x 720 pixels
- It is the same size as G7 Play, but has a slightly higher image-to-image ratio. Total number of pixels: 1,130,400 pixels
- Pixel density: 279 ppi
- Screen type: LTPS LCD
- Notch: yes
- Body ratio screen: 77, 6% percent
- Aspect ratio: 19: 9
- Minimum brightness: Unknown
- Maximum brightness: Unknown
- Update frequency: 60 Hz (#
- Color image: Unknown
G7 Power uses the same SoC as the rest of The line, Qualcomm Snapdragon 632. Although this is not the best 600 series SoC, it is noticeably faster than the G 6 family's 400 series chipset and more energy efficient, combined with 3 GB of RAM, which should not be lowered by low svelte software
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- Chip size: 14 nanometers
- CPU frequency: 1.8 GHz
- CPU cores: 8 Kryo 250
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU
- GPU cores: ] Unknown
Simply the best feature of the Moto G7 Power: this unit comes with a large battery of 5,000 mAh. This is 2000 mAh larger than the Moto G7 and G7 Play. With such a high capacity, users can expect not only the entire battery, but several days. Motorola's requirement for up to 3 days of use, but we speculate that much of the testing was standby time.
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Capacity: 5,000 mAh
- Wiring: Yes, 15W TurboPower Charger
- Wireless Charging: no
front camera is 8 MP, just like the rest of the G7 series.
- Resolution: 8 MP
- Aperture: f / 2.2
- Sensor size: 1.12 μm
- Zoom: Unknown
- Flash: yes, screen light
- Image stabilization: no
- RAW support: no
- Object detection: Object detection:] Unknown
- Format: Unknown
The Moto G7 Power will have a single 12 MP camera. It has a f / 2.0 aperture.
As for its video performance, the G7 Power is limited to only 30 fps video in all formats.
- Resolution: 720p, 1080p and 4K
- Max frame rate: 30 frames per second for 720p, 30 fps for 1080p and 30 fps for 4K
- Slow motion: yes, Unknown
- Zoom: Unknown
- Flash access: ] Unknown
- Image stabilization: Yes, electronic
- Object detection: Unknown
- Autofocus: Yes, Phase Detection
- Sound: Unknown
- Format: Unknown
G7 Power is one of the few phones still retains the headphone jack.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack: yes
- Stereo speaker: no
- Mics: 2
- FM radio: Yes
- Max speaker volume: Unknown
There are no sharp omissions or inclusions for sensors.
G7 Power supports GPS and aGPS in the United States. Please note that if you travel abroad, the location services may have problems, as this model lacks BeiDou (China), QZSS (Japan) and Galileo (Europe) radio.
- gps: yes
- aGPS: yes
- Glonass: yes
- BeiDou: no
- Galileo: no
- QZSS: no
] Wi-Fi is limited to 802.11n (aka Wi-Fi 4), which is a bit disappointing because 802.11ac (aka Wi-Fi 5) is quite common. Bluetooth is also limited to 4.2 LE. The sound is also limited to aptX and not aptX HD. There is also no NFC, so those using Google Pay have no luck.
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a / b / g / n (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- USB Type-C
- Moto G7 Power is sold SIM unlocked and has all the key bands for both T-Mobile and AT & T. Surprisingly, there is support for T-Mobile LTE Band 71, which allows the G7 Play to enjoy better coverage even in the countryside. Model No. A. CDMA BC0 / BC1 / BC10 GSM band 2/3/5/8
- WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8
- LTE band 1 / 2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17 / 20/25/26/29/30/66/71
- TDD LTE band 38/39/40/41/41 HPUE
A fingerprint scanner is available for biometric based authentication.
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes, back mounted
- Face scanner: Fingerprint scanner: Yes, back mounted
- Face scanner:
- Iris scanner: no
- Manual authentication: password, PIN, password, pattern, scan
In the box you get the phone,