If you want to play Fortnite Chapter 2, the Battle-Royale shooter game that follows the fairly popular Fortnite Season 10 (which ended with a ($ 800 on Amazon) and Google Pixel 4 is to install it yourself.), find you don't in the Google Play Store. The only way to access the game's new map, mechanics like weapon upgrades and a host of other changes to Android phones like the Samsung Galaxy S10
Why, when Epic Games, the maker of Fortnite, offers the game on PS4, Xbox One, Mac, PC, Nintendo Switch ($ 311 at Walmart) and iPhone ($ 699 at Apple) ? Because Google takes 30% of all in-app purchases, which Epic doesn't want to pay. Apple does the same thing in the App Store, but it's actually worth the game download.
In 2018"On open platforms such as PC, Mac and Android, Epics aims to bring its games directly to customers. We believe players will benefit from competition between software sources on Android. "
Epic came up with a smart, albeit risky, way to get the game to most Android phones without going through Google's app store: sidestep it. Sideways are when you install an app anywhere except the official app store; in this case Google Play. It requires that you avoid the security of your phone to install the app, which can make your device vulnerable to malware or viruses. And that's a pretty big disadvantage. To me, no game or app is worth that kind of risk. And yet, the growing popularity of Fortnite Epic Games allows to go this route.
Read moreand .
Here is the overview of downloading Fortnite on an Android phone: install Epic Games APK, install Epic Games app, install Fortnite app, install Fortnite. Watch the video below to follow our step-by-step guide.
Determine if your phone is Fortnite compatible
Unfortunately, not all Android phones can support Fortnite. Here's what you need to run Fortnite:
- Android 8.0 or later
- At least 4 GB of RAM
- Ability to run 64-bit apps
- One of the following GPUs: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
Basically, you need a higher phone like a Galaxy S8 ($ 330 on Amazon) or newer, or an LG G5 ($ 189 on Amazon) or newer. In other words, a budget phone like the Motorola Moto G7 ($ 150 at Walmart) will not cut it.
If you go to the Epics website from your Android phone, there is a list of supported devices.
Download Epic Games APK File
To start the process of getting Fortnite to your phone, you need to download the EpicGamesApp.apk file. APK stands for Android Package Kit and is used to distribute and install apps.
There are some ways to get it. If you're on a Samsung phone, go to the Galaxy Store app and download it there. If you have a newer Sony Xperia phone, there should be an icon on the home screen. Otherwise, you can search for Fortnite Android from your phone's browser and go to the Epics website. Press the yellow Download button and follow the instructions. By the way, on a PC from Mac you can go to Epic's Android page and use the QR code to get the same APK file.
Download the Epic Games Android app
1. Start downloading the EpicGamesApp APK file. A warning pops up and asks you to approve the download.
2. Open the APK file by going to the download folder in your browser (like Chrome downloads) and tapping the EpicGamesApp.apk file. A popup alert warns that "for your security, your phone may not install unknown apps from this source."
3. You will be asked to update your browser settings so that you can open the APK file – "Install unknown apps – allow from this source."
4. A popup that reads "Do you want to install this program? It does not require special access." Approve to download the Epic Games app.
Download the Fortnite app
1. Open the Epic Games app and press Fortnite banners.
2. You either have the option to install the Fortnite app or hear that your device is not compatible.
3. Provided your device is compatible, press the Install button.
4. A popup window informs you that the game must take place on your phone.
5. Give Epic access to device photos, media and files. The Fortnite app will be installed. It may take a few minutes.
6. A security window about Epic Games pops up. You need to enable "allow from source" to install Fortnite.
7. Another window will appear asking you to install Fornite. Click Install .
Install Fornite for Android
1. Open the Fortnite app and enable the app to access your storage, contacts and microphone.
2. If your phone is running a new version of Android, like Pixel 4 running Android 10, you might see a window letting you know that Fortnite was built for an older version of Android.
3. Log in to your Epic Games account.
4. Finally, you are asked to install the game's meat, which takes up 5.63 GB of storage space.
5. Play the game.
6. Fortnite may need to download additional high-resolution images. But other than that, you should be good at playing Fortnite!
You won't be asked to do this, but once you're up and running, it's a good idea to disable "allow from source" installations. Doing so will help prevent some malicious programs and viruses from getting a foothold.
Go to Settings> Apps & Notifications> Advanced> Special App Access> Install Unknown Apps and select Epic Games . Then slide the Allow button from this unit to the button.
Read more :.
Originally posted earlier this month.