This week saw many Samsung news (as usual), with more information about Galaxy Fold starting to trickle out. Xiaomi also showed its 100w charger that can suck a 4000 mAh battery in just 17 minutes. And more!
Samsung News: Looking at Fold Fold
Let's start with Samsung stuff this week, should we?
- Samsung showed how it tested the Galaxy Fold seam durability. It can be folded 200,000 times. [Android Police]
- All versions of Fold will be sent with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. Not surprisingly. [Android Police]
- Fold will be released in 1
- The Galaxy A90 was teased, with Samsung saying it will have a "Notchless Infinity Screen". Curious! We find out more on April 10th. [The Verge]
- If you can't wait for the A90, the A70 was released this week. [Samsung]
- NBC used a Galaxy S10 + to shoot an entire episode of the Tonight Show. I wonder how much Samsung would pay for as ? [Engadget]
- Mars security update was driven to S10. It's … pretty up to date! [9to5Google]
- Galaxy A6 + Android Pie w / One UI updated started rolling out. [XDA Developers]
- Galaxy Note Fan Edition also started getting Android Pie with a user interface. Hey, it rhymes. [XDA Developers]
- Sprints S8, S8 + and Note 8 get all Pie with a user interface. [Android Police]
- In some strange news, some Samsung devices were concerned when the "Notification" app was updated. Yes, it's nothing. Just a Samsung thing. [Android Police]
- If you do not enter the S10 hole punch cutout, a new app called Energy Ring can change it. It moves the battery indicator to around the camera. So clean. [Android Police]
I'm honestly shocked to see this much talk about Galaxy Fold. I do not see that Samsung is moving many Fold units this year, and I do not think it expects either, but the fact that it is spoken this week shows that the company believes in this foldable design overall. Still, $ 2,000 is a lot of money for a phone (or for something, really), so if a more affordable way to manufacturing weeks comes out, they will still not have much of a future.
Google News: YouTube's Monster Mobile Traffic
Google I / O gets close, and the schedule is out. YouTube does a crazy amount of mobile traffic. You can use Google Assistant to get back a Play Store. Wait, did you know you could use Google Assistant to get a Play Store refund?
- Google I / O starts May 7 with the opening key at 10:00 PST. Get hyped. [9to5Google]
- Do you need a refund for a Google Play purchase? Like Google Assistant! [Android Police]
- Pixel Launcher in Android Q tests Digital Wellbeing integration to let you pause programs directly from the home screen. Did you know that you can pause apps with Digital Wellbeing [XDA Developers]
- YouTube accounts for 40% of all mobile web traffic. Of all the websites on this planet, YouTube receives almost half of the traffic. It boggles the mind. [9to5Google]
- Google Fit received some great improvements that provide third-party elevation data and tracking information. [Android Police]
- Android Auto was also updated with widescreen support. You can run two panels on the same screen! [9to5Google]
- When Google announced the Pixel Slate, it was a $ 599 version with a Celeron processor and 4GB of RAM. But that version never actually let it go – and it will probably never do that. [9to5Google]
- Advanced call blocking capabilities can come soon to a Google Phone app near you. Phone tweaks are the most important thing I miss about using the PIxel line. [Android Police]
- YouTube TV is now available in all US television markets. [Engadget]
There are two main times of the year I look forward to: Christmas and Google I / O (which is typical of Google Christmas). Although I have moved from covering only Android and Google products, I am still "an Android guy" in the heart of hearts, and I look forward to I / o every year. This year it is no different.
Google I / O is the season when we get a glimpse of everything Google has planned for Android, Chrome, Chrome OS and beyond. It gives all users something to look forward to in the coming months. All of the company's coolest innovations and ideas are shown on I / O.
And I love it so much.
Other news: Xiaomos Crazy 100w Charger
Have you ever had a dead battery and thought of yourself "Man, if there was only one way to charge the battery exactly like 17 minutes"? If so, Xiaomi has some good news for you.
- Xiaomi showed a crazy 100w charger that charges its 4000 mAh battery to 100% in just 17 minutes. I can't understand how hot it gets in the process. [Liliputing]
- Xiaomi also tormented his folding phone in a new video. What if and hear me here – it can be folded and get a full battery in 17 minutes? [The Verge]
- Huawei P10 and Honor 8x both get Android Pie. [9to5Google]
- Also! P30 and P30 Pro were officially published. [XDA Developers]
- In other Huawei news, the CFO did not even have a Huawei device, but an iPhone instead. 19 [9to5Mac]
- There is a new scam that allows advertisers to run ads in the background of your phone. They make money, and the phone's battery gets broken. If only you can load it in 17 minutes then everyone would win! I think? [The Verge]
- Substratum Lite was released, which is faster, smaller and more stable. If you are in these things. [XDA Developers]
- Last but not least, WhatsApp beta offers dark mode. It's the new hot, apparently. [XDA Developers]
Imagine working for a company. Now imagine that you are quite high on that company. How do you feel about that company? Do you love their products? Do you believe in their products? Or do you think yourself, I do not prefer a competitor's products? That's pretty much what Huawei's CFO did, which is just bizarre to me. But she's the founder's daughter, so I guess something is flying.