Tired of the same old holiday decorations? You can add a small digital glare to your ($ 149 at Walmart) Amazon Echo Show ($ 230 on Amazon) ] or Facebook Portal to make a festive slide show.using your Google Home Hub
It takes just a few minutes to set up and make you glow every time you look at it.
Here's how to create a slideshow on an Amazon Echo Show
Before you can create a slideshow for your Echo Show, you must create a Christmas photo:
- Go to the Amazon Photos website.
- Select Album > Create album.
- Give your new album a name and select Create .
- Select the photos you want to add, then select Add to album .
To set the slide show:
- Turn down from the home screen of your Echo Show.
- Select Settings> View> Slideshow .
To start the slideshow, say "Alexa, show my [whatever you named your Christmas album]."
How to create a slideshow on a Facebook portal
You have probably set up your portal to display photos from Facebook as you reviewed the original setting. However, you can go back and change the settings to display a slideshow with holiday themes.
First, you must have at least one Facebook album containing vacation photos. To create one:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone or tablet.
- Go to Menu> See more> Photos> Add .
- Select photos from your device that you want to add.
- Touch Done> + Albums> Create New Album .
- Name your album and press Create .
Now you have an album of holiday pictures you can use on your portal.
View your holiday album on your Facebook portal:
- Turn left on Portal's homepage.
- Go to Settings> Superframe> Facebook Photos .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock this feature so you can edit your choices.
- Scroll down to Album and slide the tabs next to all your previous albums and images to off.
- Next, switch to your Christmas album.
- Go to Settings> General> Screen of and turn on 1 hour option so the screen will not turn off immediately.
During a party or gathering, the room movement should be sufficient to trigger the motion detector and keep the screen from going to sleep.
Here's how to set up a slideshow on a Google hub name
With Google Photos, you can create a Christmas show that you can view on the Google homepage or on your TV with a].
Start making an album with vacation photos:
- On the Google Photos website or in the mobile app, go to Albums> Create New Album .
- Name your album and press or click Select Photos .
- Click or tap the photos you want and click Done .
Here's how to show your photos on your home theater or on TV:
- Open the Google Home app.
- Touch Hub or Chromecast, and then press Device Settings .
- Touch Surround Mode and then press Google Photos.
- Select the holiday album you created.
Both the Google homepage and Chromecast will play a slideshow of photos from your holiday album when available.
You probably did not get enough of your Christmas tree : This is what you need to know.
CNETs Holiday Gift Guide: This is the best place to find technology gifts for 2018.