If you want to sell your phone or experience performance, consider making a factory reset. There are two ways to do this on the LG G8 ThinQ, which we will look into in this post.
But before we jump into the nitty-gritty, note that a factory reset will erase all the data (pictures, videos, apps …) from your phone, so make sure you back up first. However, it will not dry anything from the SIM or microSD card.
Factory reset LG G8 from the settings
This is the easiest and fastest way to reset the factory default LG G8. Enter the settings for your device, tap the "General" tab above and select the "Restart and reset" option. Then press "Factory data reset" and select the option "Reset phone" at the bottom. To finish the process, click "Delete All" followed by "Reset", then the phone turns off and returns to the factory settings.
- Open the setup menu
- Click on the "General" tab and select the "Restart and reset" option.
- Select the option "Factory data reset".
- Touch the "Restore Phone" option at the bottom of the screen
- Press "Delete All" followed by "Reset" to finish the process.
How to reset the LG G8 with reset mode
If the phone does not respond and you cannot access the settings, you must reset the factory level with the reset mode. It is a completely different process than what is described above but is just as easy and fast.
The first thing you need to do is turn off your LG G8 ThinQ. Then press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously and wait until the LG logo appears on the screen. Once you have done so, keep the volume down but release the power switch for one second and press and hold it again. A "Factory Data Reset" screen appears, allowing you to release both buttons. To clear all data from the device, use the volume key to highlight "Yes" and then press the power button to confirm.
Step by step instructions:
- Turn off your LG G8 ThinQ.
- Hold the volume down and the power buttons simultaneously.
- When the LG logo is displayed, keep the volume down, but release the power button and press and hold it again.
- Release both
- Use the volume down button to highlight the "Yes" option.
- Press the power button to confirm and end the process.
There you have it, People, Then you can factory restore your LG G8 ThinQ. What method did you use? Let us know in the comments.