If you have used Zoom to work from home in recent months, the name you are identified by in the lower left corner may not be what you prefer. Maybe it’s your email instead of your name, or it’s in lower case, or it’s the middle name you always hated. Anyway, it’s easy to change your zoom name – and add a profile photo if you want.
If you use the zoom app on your desktop, do so.
- When attending a Zoom conference, click the button called “Attendees” at the bottom of the app screen. A list of participants opens on the right.
- Hold the mouse pointer over your name and click “More.”
- Click on “Rename” and put your desired designation in the pop-up windows. Click on “Rename” and you are done.
- You can use the same “More” button to add a profile photo, which will be displayed if you deactivate your camera. (If there is no profile picture, only your name will be displayed.) Just click “Add profile picture” and select a picture from your file browser.
It’s even easier on a mobile device. These instructions work for both Android and iOS; only the location of the pop-ups is slightly different.
- Open your Zoom app and press the “Settings” button in the lower right corner.
- Click on your name.
- To change your name, select “Show name” and change your name in the pop-up box.
- To change your photo, select “Profile photo” and either take a new photo or select one from your gallery.
And that’s all!