With over 190 million subscribers worldwide, Netflix is by far the most popular premium video streaming service. It is also the only service that has three different pricing plans for streaming, and they are designed to handle more than one person streaming on the same account at the same time, along with the resolution of their devices, especially large screen TVs. So you should know how to change your Netflix plan?
Read more: What’s new on Netflix
If you’ve bought a new 4K TV or have family members who want to watch Stranger Things on their phone while watching Bodyguard on Netflix, you may want to consider signing up for one of its more expensive streaming plans. On the other hand, if you want to save some money, you may be in the mood to switch to a cheaper subscription. You can register for the service with a 30-day free trial at the link below:
How to change your Netflix plan
How to change your Netflix plan. The procedure is almost exactly the same if you change your Netflix plan via your Android or iOS smartphone app or in your PC browser.
- Open the Netflix app on your smartphone, tap the “More” menu at the bottom right of the screen. On your PC browser, you only have the cursor on your account profile.
- In either case, tap or click on the “Account” section.
- You will come to a web page where you will see a selection called “Plan Information” with your current plan and a “Change Plan” option. Press or click on it.
- You will then see all three plans that are available. Just click or click on which plane you want to use and press or then click on the blue “Continue” box below.
- You will then see a final screen showing the Netflix plan you currently have and the one you are switching to. Press or click on the blue “Confirm change” box to complete the process.
Keep in mind that your Netflix plan will not actually change until the beginning of your next monthly billing cycle.
The three Netflix plans
Here’s a look at all three streaming plans that Netflix currently offers:
- Netflix Schedule ($ 8.99 per month) – This basic plan is for the individual Netflix user only. It only supports one stream at a time. The video resolution is also reduced to just 480p.
- Netflix Standard Plan ($ 12.99 per month) – If you have a wife or children and / or do not have the newer 4K TVs at home, the usual Netflix plan is for you. It allows up to two simultaneous streams on the same account simultaneously. The video resolution also goes up to 1080p.
- Netflix Premium Plan ($ 15.99 per month) – If you just bought the amazing new 4K TV and want to watch Netflix movies and programs in 4K video, you can sign up for the premium plan. It also increases the account’s simultaneous current limit to four streams simultaneously.
Read: Does Netflix not work? Here’s what you can do to change that
This is how you can change your Netflix plan. We will update this post if the service makes any changes to its procedures.