Millions of people have joined the Zoom video chat appand during . And many have discovered a fun little environment from the room behind you to outer space or the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge. You can also upload a photo to customize your own.
For the most part, Zoom ̵1; which has seen a huge increase in usage as a result of states earlier in the year – will stick to your wallpaper pretty well. It can be a fun way to express yourself or hide the cluttered room behind you. After all, you may want participants to focus on you, rather than your curiosity collection.
Just be aware that you need to make sure your system has the right requirements to change your Zoom background. And if you tend to gesture a lot or swing back in your chair, or if any puppy or child lands on your lap during your conversation, your caller will notice interruptions in the background. Do not worry, they will resolve soon. (You should also be aware of the potentialduring your video chat and take steps to .)
Change your Zoom background on the desktop app
1. In the Zoom app, click on your profile at the top right and click settings.
2. Click on the menu on the left Virtual background.
3. You’ll see some standard background options provided by Zoom, including an outer space scene or blades of grass. You can select one of them by clicking on it, and it also automatically changes your screen. There is also an option if you have a green screen and want to use it.
4. If you want to upload a photo to be used as background, on the same Virtual background page, Click + the icon next to where it says Select virtual background. A box will appear so that you can upload a photo from your computer. Click on the one you want, and it will appear next to the other pictures as an option for you to choose from.
5. To get rid of all the photos you upload, press X in their upper left corner.
Change your Zoom background in the mobile app
1. When you log in to your account and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to open More menu.
2. Tap Virtual background.
3. Choose a background from the default options or upload your own.
Another zoom tip: Add a beauty filter
You’ve probably heard all the work from home now – waking up on time, showering, dressing like it’s a day at the office. But if it’s one of those days where you do not think you look your best, Zoom has an answer: a feature called Touch Up My Appearance. Basically, it’s a softening filter, which you can find on Instagram, Facetune or your phone’s selfie camera.
Click the up arrow next to it to activate it Start video. Click Video settings, and under My Video, check the box next to Stir up my look. That’s all!