Running a survey for your friends and followers on Facebook is a great way to help you make decisions, make checks and debate. We run polls all the time here Android Authority and on Facebook and want to share how it’s done. There are three main different ways, so let’s take a look!
How to create a personal survey on Facebook
If you want to examine your peers, it is not possible as you might expect. You can not do this via your timeline or news feed.
It’s the only way to publish a vote on a personal page right now via a Facebook story. You can ask questions, customize the suggested answers, and then let the people go to vote for their favorite option, but only in a Facebook story.
This means that you can only do it via the Facebook app on Android and iOS. It takes about five steps:
- Open the Facebook app and select yours Profile.
- Click Add to the story.
- Drag over to the top Examination (📊).
- You get a prompt: ‘Ask a question…’ with Yes No response. Click on each to customize.
- When you are happy, strike Share the story.
Even if you do not need a photo or video to follow your survey, you will get a colorful background like the one above if you do not choose one.
When the story with the survey is live, you see your friends interact with it, with immediate results available to everyone who votes, and you of course.
How to create a group survey
If you’re wondering how I create a survey in a Facebook group, it’s possible from your News Feed group, from a desktop computer and on the Facebook mobile app on Android or iOS.
It takes about four steps to create a Facebook survey in a group:
- Open the Facebook app and click groups in the left menu.
- Then select a group and get started by clicking Write something.
- You should see Survey (📊) in the drop-down menu: click on it, fill in your questions and answers.
- Then make a final decision before publishing: Let someone add options or let people choose multiple options. It depends on what feedback you are looking for. When you are happy, strike post.
Your survey will be live and everyone will be able to see the results, so enjoy!
How to create a survey on a Facebook page
If you run a business or another site, you can also publish polls about it.
The process is a bit more robust: you must first be the administrator or editor of the page and then start again click Write a post….
Then click on three dots (…) then select Opinion poll, write questions and up to 25 answers, add pictures or gifs. Choose to post now, save a draft or schedule it, and you can also decide how long the poll will run.
That’s all! Facebook polls for you and your friends, polls for your groups and polls if you happen to run a page.