I spend a lot of time trying to customize every aspect of my laptop: pasting stickers on top, separating all my icons into folders on my desktop, and thanks to a little trick I learned on TikTok, I use my favorite GIFs as backgrounds on Google Chrome.
It’s a super simple process that makes Google Chrome feel a little more personal. All it takes is a few seconds and you go from having a sad white non-background like this:
to this very good GIF by Marceline who performs a song in Adventure Time.
Here’s how to customize your own Google Chrome page:
- Find which GIF you want to use. Right-click to display the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the “Save As” option, be sure to add “.PNG” after the name
- Under “Format”, change it from GIF to “All files.” It should look like the picture below.
- Then open a new Google Chrome tab page and click the “Customize” option in the lower right corner. The icon looks like a small pen or magic wand.
- You will be greeted with this screen. Click “Upload from the device” and find the GIF you have saved as PNG.
- And now your Google Chrome page should play GIF!