Do you think you have the perfect combination of geek knowledge and writing ability? We are looking for experienced Microsoft Excel writers to join our team.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for experienced freelance writers who cover Microsoft Excel. In particular, we need people who are comfortable writing about the basics and some of Excel's more advanced features-formulas, charts, pivot tables, conditional formatting, filters and so forth. And do not worry if you're not comfortable with all of these features. If you have solid experience with just a few, we would still like to hear from you.
Note that we are not looking for technical newsstanders. We are looking for people to write tips, how articles and explanations about Microsoft Excel.
All of our authors should have the following characteristics:
- You must be a nerd in the heart, always looking to learn more about technology and make your gadgets better.
- You must be able to write tips, articles and explanators that are clear and easy to understand, even for non-experts.
- You must be creative and able to generate article ideas, suggestions and make topics interesting and exciting.
- You must be at least 1
- You must have solid English writing skills.  You should have some basic screenshots and image editing chips. HTML skills are a plus.
- You must have access to a current copy of Microsoft Excel (Excel 2019 or Office 365) -preferably for Windows.
Here are some of our previous Excel articles so you can get an idea of what we are looking for about quality and content. Make sure you look through these before you decide to apply:
These are just a few examples, but they are all solid items that we are proud of.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject
How-To Geek Excel Writer and include the following in your mail:
- Your name and location.
- All previous experiences you have to write and blog about Microsoft Excel.
- Whether or not you are currently employed and what you do if you are.
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with and the operating system / software that you have access to.
- Most important: We want a test. If you have previous writing to show up, especially about how-to or explaining the variety, include a link to it in your email address. We are especially interested in samples that have not been edited professionally, so if you have your own blog, say to let us know.
We do not have normal office hours or even offices so you can be located anywhere – this is strictly a telecommuting job.
So what are you waiting for? Email us already!