Drama on the Internet? Impossible! Okay, so more likely. Even if you are a model Facebook friend, the odds sometime you will end up being blocked by one of your "friends". Sometimes it's just because the person goes through personal things and wants to limit who sees it, sometimes it is because they hate you with a passion warmer than a thousand suns. Whatever the reason being blocked is not a fun experience.
Unfortunately, Facebook does not warn you if you have been blocked, you simply stop seeing communication from the blocked Facebook friend. Suspects a friend has blocked you? We'll show you how to see if someone has blocked you on Facebook or not.
There are some things to look for when you think someone has blocked you on Facebook:
- You can no longer see their
- You cannot find friends via Facebook search.
- You cannot send instant messages via Facebook Messenger.
How to say if you have been blocked on facebook: head to the search field
- If you have not seen posts from your friend in a while, go to the search field and enter their name.
- Make sure to use the name they use on Facebook, which can be a variation of their real name (initials, etc.).
- If nothing appears, the odds are blocked. You can also check Messenger to see if they are on the list.
Okay, but maybe they just deleted their Facebook account?
Before you start crying about the loss of a friend, remember that it is possible that they completely deleted their account. "Removing the Facebook" movement has risen in recent years, so it happens.
- One way to be absolutely sure is to go to a mutual friend's side.
- Search in his friend list using the Friends box, which is at the bottom left of the website version or against the top center if you use the Facebook app.
- If you find the friend you suspect you blocked listed on the common friend's side … you now know your suspicions were correct.
What you do with this information is up to you, but at least you know for sure whether or not you have been blocked on Facebook.