If you are using an iPhone or Mac and want to cast a video from a specific app on your iPhone or Mac to your TV, you can use AirPlay. But if you want to throw the whole screen – with any windows or programs you may have open – you will want to mirror.
You can mirror your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac screen on an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV. (Here are the system requirements.) Screen mirroring requirements are similar to those of AirPlay: make sure your device is up-to-date and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
Below we show "I will go through the steps to mirror your screen.
Mirror your iPhone screen:
These instructions are for iPhones, but the steps for an iPad or iPod touch are the same.  Open the control center by either swiping up (iPhone 8 or earlier) or swiping down from the upper right corner (iPhone X or later)
- You can get a popup window asking for a code Enter the code shown on your TV here
- Now mirror your iPhone screen To exit the Screen Mirroring window, press anywhere on the screen outside that window and doing sam If you have an iPhone 8 or earlier, you can also press the home button twice.
- To stop mirroring the screen, open the Control Center, press the Screen Mirror button (it should now be highlighted and show the device name you are reflecting on), and then press "Stop Mirroring" at the bottom of the window that opens. (On an iPad, you must press the AirPlay button, turn off Mirroring, and then touch “iPad” in the list of devices.)
Reflect your Mac screen:
- Click the AirPlay button in the menu bar, top right. the corner of the screen. (If you do not see the AirPlay button, you must enable it. See instructions below.)
- Select the device you want to throw to
- You may be asked to enter the code from your TV. Enter the code in the window that pops up on your Mac.
- Now you should mirror your Mac screen. You have a couple of options to adjust the proportions of the screen, and you can access them via the AirPlay button in the menu bar. Click on "Mirror Built-In Display" for your TV to match the screen to the proportions of your Mac screen. Click “Mirror Apple TV” to get the screen of your Mac to match the proportions of the TV screen.
- To turn off Screen Mirroring, click the AirPlay button again. Then click "Turn off AirPlay."
Enable AirPlay on your Mac
If you do not see the AirPlay button in the menu bar at the top of the screen, you must enable it. How to do this:
- Click the Apple button in the menu bar at the top left of the screen
- Click on "System Settings"
- Click on "Displays"
- Make sure "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when it is available "is selected
These are the basics for mirroring your iPhone or Mac screen. If you do not need to cast the full screen, you can use AirPlay to stream videos from individual apps on your iPhone, Mac or Windows PC to your TV.