Give your turkey a bath
A water bath can bring you a roasted turkey.
- Leave turkey in its cover.
- Place it in a sterilized bathtub, large sink or bathtub.
- Cover it completely with cold water. Let the turkey sit until it is thawed.
- Be sure to fill the sink or the cold water bath every 30 minutes to prevent bacterial growth, according to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- When done, remove it from the water and paste it dry with paper towels. Be careful not to let the turkey water drip around the kitchen to avoid cross contamination.
You need 30 minutes defrost time for each kilo of turkey. So, a typical 15-pounder takes about 7.5 hours to thaw.
If you get started the first Thanksgiving morning, you can have your turkey defrosted and ready to bake at noon, giving you enough time to finish before dinner.
CNETs Holiday Gift Guide: The Place to Find the Best Technology Gifts for 2018.
Best Black Friday 2018 Deals: The Best Discounts We Hitherto Found.