Adding apps to your Apple Watch is easy when your iPhone automatically installs many of them for granted. But how do you delete these apps to free up storage and clear your screen? It’s pretty simple, even if you choose how to remove apps from your clothes. We will guide you through the available ways to remove apps and explain a few things to keep in mind before deleting these apps.
How to delete apps directly on Apple Watch
The most direct way to delete apps on your Apple Watch is from the device itself. This will be a familiar experience if you are used to deleting apps on your iPhone, although there are a few factors to consider before deleting certain apps. You just have to follow the steps below.
- Tap Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to see your available apps.
- If your apps are in List View (a vertical list of icons), tap the screen and tap Grid View. You can not delete apps in List View.
- Once you have found the app you want to delete, gently tap the screen until the apps giggle and show an X in their corner.
- Press X on the app you want to delete.
- Your Apple Watch will ask you to confirm the removal. Tap Delete app to delete the app or Cancel to back out.
- You can remove some built-in apps, such as Breathe and Remote. If you want to get them back, they are available via the App Store on your Apple Watch or in the Watch app on your iPhone.
How to remove Apple Watch apps from your iPhone
By default, all apps you delete on iPhone also disappear from your Apple Watch. If you just want to remove an app from the Apple Watch, you want to go through some specific steps to remove the app and take back valuable space.
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On the My Watch tab, scroll down to the Installed on Apple Watch section and tap the app you want to delete.
- Turn off the Show app on the Apple Watch. This removes the app from your watch, but keeps it on your iPhone.
- With this method, you can only delete third-party apps. To remove apps from the first party, you must remove them from the Apple Watch yourself.
- You can always add these apps again by repeating the process and turning on the Show App on the Apple Watch. It may take a short time to reinstall the app on your watch.