After many years of waiting, Amazon Prime Video profiles are finally available for subscribers to the streaming video service. You can add multiple profiles to an account. This means that family members who share your account can have their own customer video layout. How to set up Amazon Prime Video profiles and how to set up a Kids profile. You can sign up for the service at the link below with a 30-day free trial.
Can you create profiles on Amazon Prime Video?
After many years of requests for this feature, subscribers in the US and other countries finally received support for profiles in early July 2020.
How many profiles can you have on Amazon Prime Video?
You can have as many as six different profiles in one account.
How to make different profiles on Amazon Prime Video via the browser
If you set up different profiles on the Amazon Prime Video website, here’s how to add one:
1. On the Prime Video main page, you should see a “Who’s watching“Menu selection and the main profile, near the upper right corner of the page. Click on the menu.
2. Click on “add a new one“Menu selection.
3. You should be taken to the New Profile page. Enter the name of the person for the new profile and then click “Save Changes“box. That’s all you need to do to add a new profile.
Set for mobile apps
If you use the Amazon Prime Video mobile app for iOS and Android to set up a new profile, follow these steps.
1. Open the app and then press “My things-Icon at the bottom right.
2. You should see the main profile menu in the upper left corner of My things section. Click on it.
3. The menu should appear. Click “Create profile“Alternative.
4. Enter the name of the new profile, then press “Save“box. That’s all.
The service also has a special child profile. When it goes live, it only allows Prime Video content rated for children 12 and under to be shown. Search results and suggestions are also limited under the child profile, and video purchases are also limited.
Setting up the Kids profile on both the web and on mobile devices is done just like how you would add a user to Prime Video. The only change is after you enter the name of the new profile, click or press “Child profile” to switch and it becomes one. You can also use the default profile for children already configured in the system and switch between it and other Prime Video different profiles.
Read: What’s new on Amazon Prime Video
How to set up Amazon Prime Video Profiles. Are you going to sign tonight to do one or more for your family members?