Assistant-powered Google Home and other Nest speakers are great devices. You can use these to control your smart home devices, play your favorite songs and even make purchases with Google Home payments, all with simple voice commands.
You can order products from various Google Shopping resellers, provided they are available in your area. There are a number of them available – check out the full list here – but the most notable ones include the Google Store (obviously), Whole Foods, Costco, PetSmart, Walgreens, Guitar Center and Kohl’s.
If you own a Google Home and want to start buying things with your voice, follow the instructions below. Just keep in mind that this feature is currently only available in the US.
Also read: The best Google products available
- Download and open the Google Home app.
- Tap your account image in the upper right corner.
- Head to Assistant Settings> Payments,
- Press Next button.
- Now you need to choose your default payment method.
- If you have already saved a default payment method, highlight it and then press Next.
- Tap if you need to add a new payment method Add credit or debit card. Enter your card number, billing information and phone number, then press Save.
- Now it’s time to choose your shipping address.
- If you already have a default delivery address saved, select it, then press Next.
- Press if you need to add a new delivery address Add new address. Enter your name, shipping address and phone number, then tap Save.
- Add a layer of security.
- Go back to the payment options and switch on Make sure it’s you before you pay alternative.
- You can now choose if you want Confirm with Voice Match or Confirm with fingerprint or face.
That’s all! You can now make Google Home payments. Remember that you can only order items through Google Shopping resellers, and depending on your delivery area, you may see a variety of delivery days depending on which retailer you order from. To check if Google Shopping is available in your area, go here.
Read next: The best third-party Google Assistant speakers to spend your money on