Chromebooks are good at so many things. They are a cheap alternative to many laptops, and their storage is largely cloud-based for added convenience. You can use them for all your chat needs, but if you want to use Skype for Chromebooks? It's really simple.
There are actually two ways to use Skype on a Chromebook, so let's jump in and watch.
Editor's tip: New to Chromebook's world? Our Chromebook buyer's guide helps explain what a Chromebook can and can't do, your options, and more.
Go to the browser path
Chrome OS is all about the web, so use the browser an easy way to get things done. To use Skype for Chromebook via the Chome browser:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Navigate to the Skype website.
- Log in with your username (or email account or phone number) and password.  Skype for Chromebook – Skype on Chromebook "width =" 840 "height =" 606 "srcset =" https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018- 06-21-at-10.59.23-AM.png 692w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23 -AM-300×216.png 300w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23-AM-16×12.png 16w , https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23-AM-32×23.png 32w, https: // cdn57. androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23-AM-28×20.png 28w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content /uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23-AM-56×40.png 56w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ Screen-Shot-2018-06-21-at-10.59.23-AM-64×46.png 64w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Screen-Shot-2018-06-06 -21-at-10:59:23 AM 277×20 0.png 277w "sizes =" (max-width: 840px) 100vw, 840px "/>
Once logged in, it is. You're done. You are now ready to use Skype to chat with friends, use video, add new contacts and anything else you usually do – on a Chromebook.
But what if you would rather use a dedicated app?
Skype is not included in the box, but most modern Chromebooks now support Android apps and that means you can easily postpone Google Play and download it!
- Go to the Google Play app and search for Skype.
- Follow the basic installation instructions.
- Once installed, find Skype in the app tray (the small circle at the bottom left).
- Open the app, sign in and that's it!
] As you can see, using Skype on a Chromebook is really easy and shows you don't need a Windows or Mac computer to do basic things like video chat. Of course, just scratching the surface, here are some other good guides below: