It’s time to shake up your iPhone ($ 699 on Amazon) boring home screen. Apples finally makes it possible to play with your interface and make it unique to you. Create an , but you need to follow a few steps to make it happen using two apps.
Read on and we’ll show you how to customize what your iPhone’s home screen icons look like, give them completely different names and change size and color – without rooting the device or running skins and launches.
How to change how your app icons look on the iPhone
With the new iOS 14 update, you can finally customize apps to your liking. Here’s how.
1. Open the shortcut app on your iPhone (it is already pre-installed).
2. Tap the plus icon at the top right.
3. Select Add action.
4. Type in the search field Open the app and select Open the app app.
5. Tap Select and select the app you want to customize. For example, Facebook, Spotify or the Messages app.
6. Tap the three dots in the upper right corner. From here, give the shortcut a name and press Add to home screen.
7. Where it says Home screen name and icon, rename the shortcut to what you want.
8. Then go to the Safari app to find a new icon image. You can search for something like the aesthetics of the Facebook icon. When you find an image you like, you save it on your photos.
9. Go back to the shortcut app and tap the current icon. Select Select Photo and tap the image you just saved. You can zoom in or out on the image. Tap Select.
10. Tap add.
Now you have custom apps on your phone. The original apps will remain on your phone, but you can store them in a folder.
Change your iPhone home screen design with this app
You no longer need to look at rows of apps on your iPhone. How to change your home screen view with an app.
1. Download the Widgetsmith app on your iPhone.
2. In the app, you choose the size of the widget you want to customize – your options are small, medium and large.
3. Tap the widget to customize it. You can change fonts and colors. Tap Save when you are done.
4. From the Home screen, press and hold, and tap an app. Tap Edit the home screen.
5. Tap the plus icon in the upper left corner and search for Widgetsmith. Touch the icon.
6. Select the widget size you want to add to your home screen and press Add widget.
7. You can change the widget by pressing the app and selecting Edit widget. That’s all! Your home screen now has various icons for a custom look.
Note that you can currently customize the following apps: Weather (with Premium Subscription), Calendar, World Time, Reminders, Health, Astronomy, Tides (with Premium Subscription) and Photos.
Want to know more about the new iOS 14 update? Check(the new widget on your iPhone) and . Also take a look at these .