One year ago,is now available for Windows and MacOS. It is based on the same engine that drives Google's Chrome browser, so the new Edge will work with websites and not deal with compatibility issues that browsers with a smaller market share may face.
More specifically, Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium, an open source project that has much in common with Google Chrome. As a result, Microsoft Edge can use the expansive collection of browser extensions available from the Google Chrome Web Store. With the first public release of Edge, you must allow the new browser access to Chrome extensions before you can install them.
Do not confuse this new Microsoft Edge browser that depends on the Chromium project with the previous version. The original Edge was built on Microsoft's own browser engine.
Continue reading on how to install the new Edge browser, find Microsoft's collection of browser extensions in its own store, and install even more extensions from the Chrome Web Store.
How to install and configure Microsoft Edge
Currently, if you want to move to the new Edge browser, you must download it. In the coming monthsto customers, beginning the next few weeks with those included in the Windows Insiders program. If you have the original version of Edge or Edge beta on your machine, the new version will not overwrite the older one. How to install Edge.
first Go to Microsoft's Edge Web site and select either Windows or MacOS operating system from the download menu.
The browser isof course, but since Edge is built on Chromium, you can also install Edge on Windows 8.1, 8 and 7, though . And you can download Edge for macOS, iOS and Android.
2. Press Download Press Accept and Download on the next screen and then press Close ].
3. If it does not start automatically, open the installation file in the Downloads folder and then click through the installation screens to install Edge.
4. Once installed, Edge will start automatically. If you already have the Chrome browser installed, Edge will ask if you want to import your bookmarks, autofill data, and history from Google's browser or start from scratch. If you choose to start from scratch, you can import your browser data later.
You can also tap the Customize import button at the bottom of the import window to get your data from Firefox.
Press Allow to allow Edge to import your data.
5th Then select the browser appearance – Inspirational, informative or focused – and press Next .
6. If you have multiple devices running the new Edge on the next screen, the browser will ask if you want to sync your data between devices. Press the Yes or No key, and then press Next.
7. Finally, switch Yes or No depending on whether you want Microsoft to customize your browsing experience and then press Confirm.
Installing Edge Extensions from the Microsoft Store
After you install Edge, you can add extensions, such as Grammarly or Honey. Here's how to find extensions in the Microsoft Store.
1. In Edge, press the three-point menu in the upper right corner and press Extensions.
2nd Click the link to the Microsoft Store. You can either search for a favorite extension or browse by category, such as entertainment or shopping.
3. Touch the extension you want, press Download and then confirm that you want to add the Edge extension. Once added, you can manage it on the Extensions page.
Installing Edge Extensions from the Google Chrome Web Store
While Microsoft Store has a nice selection of browser extensions, to see the full range of extensions you can use, you must allow Edge to access Chrome Web Store. Here's how.
1. Press the three-point menu up in the right corner again and press Extensions.
2. In the lower left corner, turn on Allow extensions from other stores and then tap Allow.
3. Navigate to the Chrome Web Store and search for an extension.
4. When you find the one you want to press Add Chrome and press Add Extension the store will add the Edge extension.
After you add, you manage the extension on Edge & # 39; s Extensions page.
For more, seeand .