After an extended Wild Card round that included 16 teams with the eight higher seeds that hosted the best of the three series, Major League Baseball moves to a bubble format similar tofor the rest of the mail season, with games played in neutral locations. American league teams will play in Los Angeles and San Diego; National League teams will play in Houston and Arlington, Texas. The World Series is played in Arlington at Globe Life Park, Texas Rangers’ new home.
In the American League Division Series, the Tampa Bay Rays play the New York Yankees in San Diego and Oakland A plays the Houston Astros in Los Angeles. Every best of five ALDS starts today.
In the National League Division Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers play the San Diego Padres in Arlington and the Atlanta Braves play the Miami Marlins in Houston. Each best of five NLDS begins Tuesday.
Aftermath on Monday 5 October
- Astros vs. A̵7;s, Game 1 p.m. 16:07 ET (13:07 PT) on TBS
- Yankees vs. Rays, Game 1 at 20:07 ET (17:07 PT) on TBS
Read on for more information on how you can watch today’s games along with the rest of the MLB playoffs 2020 without cable.
What are ALDS and NLDS matchups?
The top two seeds in each league advanced past the Wild Card round, while the Padres were the only other team to avoid an outrage. The Yankees, Astros and Marlins each won on the road in their Wild Card series to advance to the division’s series round.
- (1) Tampa Bay Rays vs. (5) New York Yankees
- (2) Oakland Athletics Vs. (6) Houston Astros
- (1) Los Angeles Dodgers vs. (4) San Diego Padres
- (2) Atlanta Braves vs. (6) Miami Marlins
What is the schedule for the rest of the Division Series round?
Playing times and TV schedule have been announced through the best of the five divisions.
Tuesday 6 October
- Marlins Vs. Braves, Game 1 at 14:08 ET (11:08 PT) on FS1
- Astros vs. A’s, Game 2 at 16:37 ET (13:37 PT) on TBS
- Yankees vs. Rays, Game 2 at 20:10 ET (17:10 PT) on TBS
- Padres vs. Dodgers, game 1 at 21:38 ET (18:38 PT) on FS1
Wednesday 7 October
- Marlins Vs. Braves, Game 2 at 14:08 ET (11:08 PT) on MLB Network
- Astros vs. A’s, Game 3 at 15:35 ET (12:35 PT) on TBS
- Yankees vs. Rays, Game 3 at 19:10 ET (16:10 PT) on TBS
- Padres vs. Dodgers, Game 2 at 21:08 ET (18:08 PT) on FS1
Thursday 8 October
- Marlins Vs. Braves, Game 3 at 14:08 ET (11:08 PT) on FS1
- Astros vs. A’s, Game 4 * kl. 15:35 ET (12:35 PT) on TBS
- Yankees vs. Rays, Game 4 * at 19:10 ET (16:10 PT) on TBS
- Padres vs. Dodgers, Game 3 at 21:08 ET (18:08 PT) on MLB Network
Friday, October 9th
- Marlins Vs. Braves, Game 4 * at 14:08 ET (11:08 PT) on FS1
- Astros vs. A’s, Game 5 * kl. 15:35 ET (12:35 PT) on TBS
- Yankees vs. Rays, Game 5 * at 19:10 ET (16:10 PT) on TBS
- Padres vs. Dodgers, Game 4 * at 21:08 ET (18:08 PT) on FS1
Saturday 10 October
- Marlins Vs. Braves, Game 5 * at 16:08 ET (1:08 PT) on FS1
- Padres vs. Dodgers, game 5 * at 20:08 ET (16:08 PT) on FS1
The 2020 World Series begins on Tuesday 20 October.
What channels do I need to watch the MLB playoffs?
ALCS will be on TBS and NLCS will be on MLB Network, Fox and FS1. The World Series will be broadcast on Fox.
How can I watch the MLB playoffs without cable?
You do not need cable or satellite TV to watch the MLB mail season. All channels that show playoff games are offered on most major, and all offer Fox for the World Series. Not all services have your local Fox station, but check the links below to make sure it is available in your area.
If you just want to watch the World Series on Fox, you can do so with a digital antenna. We have some cheap suggestions for.
YouTube TV costs $ 65 per month and includes all four channels required to watch the rest of baseball after the season. Connect your postcode on the welcome page to see which local networks are in your area. Read our YouTube TV review.
AT & T TV Now’s basic Plus package of $ 55 per month includes all seasonal baseball channels except the MLB Network, which is included in the $ 110 per month Choice package. You can use its channel lookup tool to see which local channels are where you live. Read our AT&T TV Now review.
Sling offers Fox only in a handful of areas. Otherwise, its $ 45-per-month Blue / Orange package includes all post-season baseball channels except the MLB Network. To get MLB networks, you have to run for the $ 10 per month sports supplement. Read our Sling TV review.
Hulu with Live TV costs $ 55 per month and includes all seasonal baseball channels except MLB Network. Click on the link “Show channels in your area” on its welcome page to see which local channels are offered in your zip code.
Read our Hulu with Live TV review.
FuboTV costs $ 65 a month and includes all seasonal baseball channels except TBS. Click here to see which local channels you get. Read our FuboTV review.
Other ways to watch baseball after the season online
is great for watching baseball games that are not on the market during the regular season, but it is less useful for setting up baseball’s after the season because you have to subscribe to a participating pay-TV provider. The list is short and can be found here. If you subscribe to one of the pay-TV providers listed, the MLB.TV Postseason package will cost you $ 25. To make the deal sweeter, the post-season package includes spring training games next year.
Another option if you are a cable subscriber is using the Fox Sports Go app. Unlike MLB.com on Bat, you can watch the World Series for free – yes, no more than you already pay for cable. The Fox Sports Go app works with iOS devices, Android devices and Amazon Kindle Fire, as well as with Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Roku and Xbox. You can also access Fox Sports Go from a computer.
You can use the free Watch TBS app or TBS.com to watch ALDS and ALCS but you have to prove you are paying for cable. The TBS app works with the Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku platforms.
More advice on home entertainment