قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Tips and Tricks / Moved? You may not receive an incentive check if you do not file a change of address with the USPS

Moved? You may not receive an incentive check if you do not file a change of address with the USPS


Do not let your stimulus control be sent to the wrong address.


Moving to a new location is difficult in itself – and if you forget to change your address, you may miss an important entry, such as a second stimulus control, if you do not choose direct deposit when the time is right. (Here’s the latest on stimulus control negotiations.)

The the first incentive payment for up to $ 1200 which was sent out as either a direct deposit, a paper check or an EIP card – was sometimes lost in the mixture or even accidentally thrown away. If you forget to forward your email to your new address it is possible your future control could be delivered to the old address.

If you has still not received your incentive payment and you have recently moved, the reason may be that the IRS does not have your updated mailing address (or it was sent to your old address). Follow these steps to change your address and inform the IRS so that you can get a new stimulus check if it is approved. (And here it is what we know about qualifications for stimulus control.)


Are you still missing your check? You may need to change your address.

Sarah Tew / CNET

How to forward your US mail

When you first move, it is important to forward your email so that you never miss an important document – such as a stimulus check. How to use.

1. In a browser window, visit usps.com/move.

2. Fill in the form with your contact information, the date you want the email to be forwarded and your old and new address. Make sure everything is correct and click Next when you are ready to move on.

3. Then you must specify your payment method. It costs $ 1.05 each time you forward your mailing address. Please note that you cannot use a prepaid credit or debit card to do this.

4. Once you have paid, you will receive an email confirmation that your change of address has been archived.

5. At your new address, look for USPS confirmation letters and welcome packs in the mail. The USPS notes that it can take anywhere from three business days to two weeks before you begin receiving your forwarded email.

Now playing:
Check this out:

Next Stimulus Controls: What to Expect


Notify the tax authorities that you have changed your address

Once you have completed your change of address with USPS, you may need to notify the tax authorities of your new address – especially if you has not received the first stimulus check yet. The IRS states that if you filed a tax return for 2019 and did not submit your direct deposit information, payment will be sent to the registered address. However, if you have forwarded your email, USPS will have the updated information to receive your check.

If you have not done so filed your taxes but plan to use your new address. The IRS says they will update their records with your new address. If you are not usually required to file taxes and have not received your incentive payment, you can use IRS tools for non-filters until November 21 to claim your missing money.

To notify the tax authorities of your change of address, you can fill in form 8822 or notify the tax authorities in writing of “the address where you submitted your last return” by entering your full name, your old and new addresses, your social security number, personal taxpayer identification number or employer identification number and your signature. The IRS says you can also do this by phone, but they can request additional information. Please note that it can take four to six weeks for your address change to be processed by the IRS.

For more information on stimulus controls, here is where negotiations are for the next stimulus package, eight important facts to know about the next payment and four possible dates for when the IRS could send the next check and who could receive it first.

Source link