Are you looking for a social way to watch TV shows and movies?is a popular show that comes to mind. You're lucky, this free add-on for the Google Chrome browser called Netflix Party lets you start, stop and pause a Netflix movie or view so you can watch it at the same time as a group of friends and family, with no hard work to try sync everyone. ("Three, two, one … Play!")
There's also a side chat where you and your friends can discuss what's going on in the movie ̵1; just like you would if you sat together on the couch
The sudden and severe lack of socialization as a result of trying to prevent the spread ofputs a special strain on children who and on people living alone. (Here's everything you need to know about during the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Netflix Party helps bridge the gap by letting you and your friends at the same timeso you always watch the same thing at the same time. Read on to download, install, and use the Netflix Party extension to sync your movie viewing with family and friends.
Everyone in your group needs a Netflix account
For this to work, everyone you send an invitation to must have access to Netflix. If they don't have an account, Netflix offers a free 30-day trial period for new subscribers. If they are not a new subscriber, they can reactivate their account for $ 9 per month and cancel at any time.
Download the Google Extension
Once everyone has logged in to Netflix on their computers, they must download the Netflix Party extension. Here's how.
1. Visit netflixparty.com in your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on Get Netflix Party for free .
3. You will be redirected to the Google Chrome web site to download the extension. Click Add Chrome .
4. A popup box opens. Select Add Extension . You will now see a gray NP icon in the browser toolbar.
Start watching movies with friends
Now that you have downloaded the add-on, you can start watching programs and movies with your friends and family. Here's how you get started.
1. Open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and sign in to Netflix.
2. Find a show or movie you want to watch and click on it.
3. Now you see that the icon NP (Netflix Party) has changed from gray to red. Click on the icon and select Start the party . You host, so you can either choose the option for you to be the only controller who pauses and plays the show or you can let anyone take control.
4. Copy the URL from the popup and send it to anyone you want to invite to the group.
5. The chat room appears on the right side of the screen. From there you can see when someone joins the party.
6. Now you can laugh, cry and scream with your family and friends and feel a little less on your own.
Do you need more things to do during this time of social distance? Here isand .