Philips Hue is one of the most popular smart lighting systems on the market. It comes with two flagship products. The first is the Philips Hue bulb, which works and fits into your regular bulb socket, except that you can change the color and brightness of your smartphone. The other is the Philips Hue light strip, which attaches things like offices, entertainment stands and other such places to a more ambient lighting experience. Fortunately, both work the same way and you can set them both the same way.
This guide is to help you configure your Philips Hue lamps, add lights to different rooms and other basic things.
What is Philips Hue? 19659010] Philips Hue is a smart lighting system that was introduced in 2012. It has undergone several changes since then. It originally started as an Apple Store exclusively and eventually branched out to other areas like Amazon, Best Buy and many other sites. New generations are compatible with older generations. The entire system also works with Siri, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft's Cortana (with software extensions) and Samsung's Bixby (with hardware extensions).
There are several products in the lineup. The three main products are standard white, dimmable lamp and standard multicolored, dimmable bulb together with the super popular light strip. The usual white bulbs are usually sold in packaging rather than individually as the multicolored products. Some of the extra things include a light bar, several variants of the multi-colored light bulb, a flower light and even outdoor lighting for your entire house. If you need a good starter kit for Philips Hue, we have a link below.
How does Philips Hue work?
In principle, Philips Hue Smart Hub controls everything and all lights are useless without it. Here's how it works: You send a signal to the Smart Hub with your smartphone via the Philips Hue app. Smart Hub distributes the signal to all current lamps. They send the signal back to Smart Hub that the job is done and that the information is sent to your smartphone or tablet. This happens extremely quickly, so for many it looks like the lights change colors or brightness in real time. The system is quite polished.
Smart Hub requires WiFi to work properly. Therefore, you connect it directly to your home router. This way, your phone, hub and lights can talk to each other over your WiFi network. Without WiFi and without Hub, there is no easy way to connect your lights directly to your phone. It sounds very complicated first, but it is more meaningful when you have created everything.
Adding additional lights
The original setting is just right needed when installing a hub. Setting up additional light is basically the same method, but with light instead of a hub. This works for your first light or your 40th light. The process is the same every time.
- Connect your light to its outlet if it is a standard bulb or in the wall if it is a light strip. Wait a moment for the lamp to turn on and start fading in and out.
- Open the Philips Hue app. Navigate to the settings (gear button). From there, select the "Light installation" option.
- Click the Add Light button at the top of the app. This will take you to the real installation screen.
- Right Search button. The app will search for a light that is not already configured.
- Once you find it, you give the light a name and assign it to existing rooms you have.
It should be. The light is now available from the main page of the Philips Hue app. It should also be synchronized with all other lights in the room if you add it to a room. Everything should now work properly. If you have trouble connecting to the light, we recommend that you disconnect the lamp and close the app completely and then try again from step one.
Put your candles to a room
We briefly explain how to add light to a room This is an important step because it keeps your lights organized and synchronized together. In this way, you do not need to set the color or scene of each light individually. It is not a difficult process and you can customize it as you choose. For now we are going through the basic steps.
- In the Philips Hue app, navigate to the main page and click the Settings button. The Settings button looks like a gear.
- Tap the "Room Setting" option.
- Tap the "Create room" option from the top.
- From there, give your room a name and a type. You can also give it a default location if you do not want to set it directly.
- Choose the light you want to use for that room.
- Right control button at the top to complete the room.
The room is now displayed on the main page. You can turn on or off and adjust the scenes and lights that you could before. It now now controls all the lights you assigned to that room. A fun customization tool is to create multiple "rooms" for a single section in your house. During the tests, for example, we put the light beam behind the TV set as Living Room 1 and the usual lamps as Living Room 2. We use Living Room 2 to set normal light and the light strip is set to another color to add a little extra atmosphere. It is a very loose system so you can play with it and make it as granular as you want.
Creating a scene
We're not talking about who Homer Simpson creates when he goes into the public. The scenes in the Philips Hue app are presets that you create and customize. It works to quickly switch to your favorite colors, mute the lights as needed, or even drop everything into a night light. Creating them is super easy.
- The New Place button appears on the right side of the app's website. Click on it.
- Choose the rooms you want for the new scene. Keep in mind that you can always change it again later.
- You are now on the creation screen. Start by pressing to enter a name at the top.
- The default view is the color wheel. You can move the pointer around and select the color you want.
- There are additional options at the bottom. From left to right, the options include the option of selecting a color from a photo, the white light picker and the color picker.
- If you go with a photo, the app gives you a lot to choose from. You can then choose the color you want within these photos.
- With the white light option, you can set your lamps in the same color as ordinary lamps. However, you can control the heat or cold of the light.
- The color option is what you should use for now. You just pick one color and let it go.
- When finished, select your colors, click the checkbox at the top to save your scene.
Scenes are perfect ways to save your preset settings and quickly choose between them. In our home we have several scenes for each season. For the spring, we choose greens and pinks while in winter it becomes blues.