Good morning! A lot of things happened this morning, with Apple announcing new AirPods, Google's solution for its Android Android woes, a little interesting takes on Google Stages and more. Here's your morning briefing for March 20, 2019.
Apple has been on a slow role of message device updates every day of the week, and today it's no different new AirPods are here!
- The second generation of AirPods has a wireless charging case, better battery life and support for Hey Siri. That's pretty much what everyone wanted, right? [Review Geek]
Google and Android News
The big news here is actually from yesterday: Google Stages. Here is a summary of related information and interesting information about this new gaming streaming platform. Oh, there are some non-stage things here too.
- Google announced the Stadia, and it is wild. [Review Geek]
- It also released a nice little four minute round of the message if you want to get the kernel without looking at the full one hour presentation. [9to5Google]
- There is a partner program for Stadia, which offers free hardware and resources to help game developers get started with Stadia. Good good. [9to5Google]
- Verge has some interesting thoughts about what Stadia means for the future of the game. This can very easily be the first real model of what is to come. [The Verge]
- Similarly, our own Michael Crider Stadia spoke and what it needed to succeed. It's a good reading. You can find it in your flow. I hope I don't have to object. Okay, I'm ready (and sorry). [Review Geek]
- While most details were weak (directory, internet speed, price), Google told Kotaku that the Project Stream City test phase required "at least 25 Mbps connection" to run games at 1080p. Curious. [Kotaku]
- In other news, Google will launch a browser and seek voting in Android devices in the EU. [Ars Technica]
- Like Google Doodle? Good, because it can get to your Android home screen. Sweet. [Android Police]
- Opera for Android now has a free, built-in VPN. Surf safely, my friends.
NVIDIA will make you a great artist, Pandora offers more ways to find music and more.
- NVIDIA showed technology that takes MS Paint drawings and makes them some legit Bob Ross stuff. Dude. [Engadget]
- Pandora now gives you five options for finding new songs. Dig it. [Engadget]
- Netflix's new series "Battle Kitty" is an interactive show for children. Because they do not already see enough TV. [Netflix]
- Tell us that the first trailer for Stranger Things Season 3 is here. Because we do not already see enough TV. [YouTube]
- Amazon announced a new Kindle with an adjustable front light. And higher price tag. [Amazon]
- In less happy news, a lot of people have been scammed because of a fake eBay ad in Google Search last week. Oof. ! [Bleeping Computer]