If your stimulus check comes in the mail, did you know that the post office can notify you when it will deliver your? You might have tried through the IRS portal and saw a message that your check arrives via snail mail, and you want to know when so you can budget. Or maybe you are eligible for a payment but did not create with the IRS, so a paper check is your only option there.
Or maybe you meet the requirements for a check of up to $ 1,200 butthrew up his hands and just wait for your check to come in the mail from the IRS. Whichever way you tried to control your payment schedule, you now know that your stimulus money is coming, just not exactly when.
To see what day it comes, you can use a free US Postal Service email tracking app and service, known as Informed Delivery, to be notified when your check will arrive. (In the meantime, here's what we know about.)
Make sure you are eligible for informed delivery
When the USPS runs mail through its automated email sorting equipment, it creates a digital image of the front of all letter size, and that includes your stimulus control. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally captured information to notify you when each item is on its way.
The service is available to many residential and personal mailing addresses but not companies. It also does not work for some buildings with multiple units where the Postal Service has not yet identified each unit.
To check if it is available in your area:
1. Go to the postal service's delivery page and press Register for free .
2. Enter your email address and press Continue .
If the service is available, you can continue to create an account.
Set up service for informed delivery
If you are eligible, then here you set up your account.
1. On the postal service's delivery page, if you have not already done so, press Register for free .
2. After entering your email address and confirming that it is in the service, you accept the terms and press Continue .
3. Select your username, password and security questions on the next page. enter your contact information; and then press Continue .
4. On the next page you must verify your identity. Touch Verify online identity if you want to get a verification code on your phone or press Request invitation code by mail if you want the postal service to send a code to you. If none of the methods work for you, it may also be possible to visit a post office to personally verify your identity.
How do you see what's coming in the record
The IRS said it can take three business days to activate your account after you configure it. When live, you will receive an email every morning Monday to Saturday if the mail is scheduled to arrive, the email message that will be delivered, along with a grayscale image of the front of the letter.
You can also use the free Android and iPhone informed delivery app to be notified.
For more information on ordering and receiving packages during thehere you will find and .
Uplifting scenes of coronavirus solidarity around the world