The Windows 10 November 2019 update will be released by Microsoft in the coming weeks, providing new productivity features. The update – also known as Windows 10 ($ 110 on Amazon) versions 1909 and 19H2 – follows Microsoft's usual update schedule, but offers a faster download time for those running the latest version of the OS.
Windows 10 is now atMicrosoft said in September. Major updates to the Olympics come about every six months, with the latest update in May 2019 (version 1903). The November 2019 update shares the same service content as the May version, which means downloads should be faster. It uses the same processes for cumulative updates to deliver the feature update.
Here's what we know so far.
When will the Windows November 10, 2019 update be available?
The update is currently available to them in the Windows Insider program. This gives developers and technology enthusiasts early access to upcoming releases so they can test new features and provide feedback. You can join the Windows Insider program with your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account.
For everyone else, the update is likely to be sometime in November, as the name suggests.
What new features will it include?
The following new features will be available to Windows 10 users, according to a Microsoft blog post:
- Third-party digital assistants will be enabled above the Lock screen with voice commands.
- You can create events directly from the Calendar flyout on the taskbar, without having to open the Calendar app.
- In the Start menu, the navigation pane will expand as you hover over it and give you more information about each icon before clicking.  Notification changes make it easier to configure and manage from an app or website directly in the message, both as a banner and in the Action Center.
- In File Explorer, the search box will be powered by Windows Search to better integrate OneDrive content online.
- Narrators and other assistive technology will read and learn where the UN key is on the keyboard. It can see if the key is locked or unlocked.
Microsoft has also made "general improvements in battery life and energy efficiency for computers with certain processors", according to the record, but no other details on this are available.
How to install the update
If you are a member of the Windows Insider program, you can follow these steps to download the Windows 10 November 2019 update from the program release preview ring with your PC:
1. Go to Settings> Update and Security> Windows Insider Program and click the Get Started button.
2nd Link your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory account. This is the email account you used to sign up for the Windows Insider program.
3rd Select Just fixes, apps and drivers to join the preview ring and get the update in November 2019.
4. Confirm the legal stuff.
5th Press Restart Now to make sure your computer is now in the preview release. Without restarting your computer, your computer will not be fully connected. A reboot is required.
6th After restarting your computer, double-check your Windows Insider program settings through Settings> Update and Security> Windows Insider Programs and make sure it displays "Release Preview" under "What rate do you want to get new builds?".
7. If you go to Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update and press the Check for Updates button. Your computer should receive the update in November 2019.
If you are already a member of the Windows Insider Preview Release, you can simply follow step 7 above.
If you are not a member of the Windows Insider program, you can download the November 2019 update from the Windows Update page under Settings when available.
Because the update comes as a small activation package, it should only take a few minutes to download and install, if you are already running Windows 10 version 1903, ZDNet reported. If you are running version 1809 or earlier, it will take longer, as you will get the full update of the feature.
For more information about Windows 10 features, check out our guide to making and receiving Android phone calls on your Windows PC and the best anti-virus protection for 2019 for Windows 10.
CNET can get a commission from retail offers.